Thread: Democracy

Democracy

Democracy died tonight with the leaders of 25 countries going against the wishes of their electorate, the European Super State came to life forced upon its peoples by stealth, lies and dishonesty.

Of all the leaders present at that dispicable little gathering, Blair is the worse of a rotton bunch, why because only a few days ago he had a clear message from the British people 'No' to Europe, a clear message which he chose to ignore. True to form for him I suspect, one has to only think of the contempt he showed towards the British people in the lead up to the Iraq war.

You guys are doomed.

Intimate Member
    Before you totally condemn Prime Minister Blair, please examine how Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain handled the conflict between Germany and England in (about) 1939.

Blair has done a decent job..given what he had to work with. I do not think Bush or Blair had the best intelligence in the beginning, but I do think they had their constituents in their best interest.

Maybe they each should be "retired"?...I donno, but I am old enough to remember much worse officials.

I might go so far as to say that even you may look back on these times and see that Blair was not doing such a bad job after all.

Originally posted by Bovon
    Before you totally condemn Prime Minister Blair, please examine how Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain handled the conflict between Germany and England in (about) 1939.
    Neville Chamberlain was a good but misguided man who allowed his judgement to be clouded by his experiences of the horrors of the first world war and who, in all honesty, can blame him for that.

Tony Blair is not misguided nor is he a fool but his judgement is impaired by his over-inflated ego and the position he see's for himself in history.

Originally posted by Black Beard
    Neville Chamberlain was a good but misguided man who allowed his judgement to be clouded by his experiences of the horrors of the first world war and who, in all honesty, can blame him for that.

Tony Blair is not misguided nor is he a fool but his judgement is impaired by his over-inflated ego and the position he see's for himself in history.
    I think maybe bush and blair ought to get together, say, in the North Pole and STAY THERE!

Intimate Member
    Originally posted by mireland
    I think maybe bush and blair ought to get together, say, in the North Pole and STAY THERE!
    And...exactly who (in your humble opinion) should take their place?

Can you pick (right now) someone that can do these jobs (President and/or Prime Minister) and be 100% in all things?..please everybody all of the time?..never err when it comes time to take on some other sabre rattling nation?

I well remember back in my youth when I would listen to my father blast the (usually) front runners for President every 4 years..then get all bent out of shape when the one he was all worked up over...won. I was not interested in politics back then..none, and laughed my silly buns off at him.

When Kennedy was running, I thought my father was gonna have kittens!!..totally adamant that Kennedy would ruin this country...not even Presidential materal..yada yada yada...well, Kennedy won, and was one of the best liked Presidents in our history...and since his assassination, it seems history is still smiling on his time in office.

Last edited by Bovon; 06-20-2004 at 10:53 PM.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bovon
    [B]And...exactly who (in your humble opinion) should take their place?

How about a Dolphin and an Gorilla??? both smarter than bush(and maybe blair, but I'm not as well up on him as bush)

Well I'd vote for the gorilla before, that pair of manipulating liars. The dolphin would be to intelligent to enter politics.

Bovon

And...exactly who (in your humble opinion) should take their place?

Anyone I would find that is not pro globalist agenda, would be ostracized, and prohibited from getting anything worth while accomplished.
    New congressman have entered office with good ideas and intentions, only to find if they don't play the game, they're cut off.
    So, as I see it, we have a fixed oligarchy to well entrenched to be to be voted out of office. It also seems to me that the people have been synthesized into 2 political parties.
    Still the best place to live.

For what it's worth
    OK...enough...hurts my brain to think about it

What's all the fuss about, we've been a member of the EU since '73. I love the paranoia associated with all this - reading some of the popular newspapers (most of which are foreign owned), you'd think we were going to be invaded or something

A lot of the paranoid Brits I talk to, imagine that there is an army of Eastern European welfare cheats,(to add to the Asian and African cheats already thier) who were just waiting to cross the channel on an armada of container trucks and little boats, plus run through the chunnel, once they became members of the E.U. Can't you explain to them it's all in there imagination.

What's to stop them from coming now?

Originally posted by Vampiel
    What's to stop them from coming now?
    Maybe because they are imaginary.

Originally posted by werz
    A lot of the paranoid Brits I talk to, imagine that there is an army of Eastern European welfare cheats,(to add to the Asian and African cheats already thier) who were just waiting to cross the channel on an armada of container trucks and little boats, plus run through the chunnel, once they became members of the E.U. Can't you explain to them it's all in there imagination.
    I must remember the next time I am waiting for a taxi outside my local railway station that group of Albanian women begging on the pavement are just a figment of my imagination.

Originally posted by Black Beard
    I must remember the next time I am waiting for a taxi outside my local railway station that group of Albanian women begging on the pavement are just a figment of my imagination.
    Yeah, you should get help for that. Illegal immigrants are an issue for all "developed" countries, but that's got nothing to do with our inclusion in the EU. They'd be here regardless.