Thread: Intel’s New Chipsets and Pin Packages

Intel’s New Chipsets and Pin Packages

whao 533 RAM finally suported on a mobo im impressed. plus a 3.6 Ghz CPU very impressed and model numbers....oh wait they are pretty pointless IMO lol.

so is PCI express 'better' than AGP 8 x. so will my X800 pro become rubbish now lol if that is possible.

plus is the 3.6 Ghz CPU the prescott if so then we might see some advantage of the 90 nm pipeline

Didn't I read somewhere that chipset manufacturers were less than happy about this "Land Grid Array" setup from Intel because it pushed the responsibilty for pin allignment\damage\cost\refunds, etc. onto them? I thought it would be some time before it's adaptation - but as usual - Intel like to make a decision and then worry about the fine detail later.

...and what is this new model numbering system based on\what is the point of reference - if anything - anyway?

maybe I should just google it!

you never fail to be cynical, strawbs, toward intel lol.

the numbering system is a bit random. i can undersand AMDs.

i.e. 2600 give the equivalent of a 2.6 Ghz intel....well thats how i worked it out anyway lol.

im not sure about the pin alignment thing anyway, but if it's the manufacturere fault then they should pay up. ie DFI make the mistake they should be to blame.

from what I remember, they're more worried about returns because of bent pins being blamed on them rather than club-handed system builders!

Yes! I am critical of Intel ...but they've worked hard to earn it, just like Microsoft, nVidia and any other corporation that has only it's own interests at heart and not the client's!

They first felt the sharp end of my tongue when they designed Slot A or 1 (whatever it was called) and prevented chipset manufacturers from using the design unless they paid a high premium, competing CPU manufacturers were left without any form of upgrade path! Intel tried to stifle the competition to death so they could charge an exorbitant sum for their technology. The rest had no choice but to stick with what was already available to them because they couldn't afford to design their own new socket. AMD developed socket 7 for years after, meaning it cost a whole lot less to upgrade a PC!

When they moved back to a socket design just about every year to 18 months they changed the pin count, so you always had to buy a new Mobo if you wanted the fastest Intel CPU!

They also tried to corner the RDRAM market by taking out an exclusive deal with the makers, I was never so happy to see a technology fail as that one (Long Live DDR).

Their past business strategy has been too "Sharp" for my liking and like an elephant, I ...er ...er ...ah! furgedit! The footies starting.

i call it good business sense, its a dog eat dog world out there.

didnt AMD change their pin numbers for 64 bit procesors

plus DIE WAYNE ROONEY DIE LOL.

another overated player for england but he is pretty good but not peli standard come on!!!

Originally posted by porsch1909
    i call it good business sense, its a dog eat dog world out there.
    When there's only one dog left, you'll pay a high price to own a piece of it.

It's the AMD loyalists that have kept the price of Intel hardware (not just CPU's) from rocketing! You should be thanking your lucky stars that such folk exist to buck the trend. If AMD went bust tomorrow, Intel would announce a price increase before the Administrators got to Dresden. LOL

It was known before the release of Athlon64 by most that there would be a socket upgrade within the year! So you chose to either take the early option or wait for the upgrade! That's why nobody is complaining about 939, because they already knew it would happen.

...An AMD T'bird CPU (and possibly older design) will fit in my current A7N8X board that can run a Barton 3400+ and there is a 4 or 5 year gap between them - now that's what I call an "upgrade path"! Aside from a brief fling w\ a "Slot\Cartridge" fitting, AMD are well known for their socket loyalty and hence their easy\cheap upgradability.

Footie: If you were Scottish (wink, wink) I could understand your low rating of Wayne Rooney, being as it is that Scotland (nudge, nudge) failed to make the finals, which is obviously because their players are much better (cough, cough) up there than their English counterparts down here (ahem).

He's currently the competitions top scorer, so it stands to reason that everyone else is ****!

Euro2004 Thread!

yeh scotland are absoute **** at football and i said wayne rooney is good, but i mean come on he isnt peli standard or ronaldo, that is just going over the top like the english press do. and i admit all the big names are doing ****. eg. ehhhh.....beckham(most overated player in the world) henry apart from last night, the whole italian team. lol

scotland's best player plays for Man u (darren fletcher) your best plays for everton lol. not that rooney isnt better than the whole scottish team put together but that doesnt take much.

come on italy score some goals.....oh wait your best striker spits on people ,thats nice

I thought Larsson was Scottish!

j\k!

ha ha ha very funny lol.

he isnt the best thing to come out of scotland

I hate intel

the only intel cpu i have is in my iPAQ and i would take a 400mhz toshiba chip instead of the intel (toshiba is the amd of pdas)
    Xaser II case
    2500+ barton ( at 3200+ with stock cooler and still sub 50* celcuis)
    ANF7-S
    2x256MB pc3200 crucial
    80GB western digital SATA
    liteon 52x32x52 black
    radeon 9800se

we have another intel cynic!!!!! you cant just make these comments and not say why you think that so that all us cant make the mistake of buying a intel in a PDA