Thread: Game Play Disc doesn't work

Game Play Disc doesn't work

I just bought Unreal Tournament 2k4 today, i installed it and everything went smoothly, now i wanna burn the play disc so the original doesnt get to scratched up etc. since i leave my discs in the drive because of lazyness and some of you guys know how picky i am about my stuff. Anyways, i made an image of the play disc with alcohol 120% and burned the image onto a cd-rw just incase if something like this happened, when i put the finished burned play disc in, it says NEEDS EMULATION (view screenshot) help wuld be appreciated, thx!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Maybe you just should have emulated that image through Alcohol120%, with out burning it on CD.

This is borderline in the grey area, which is riduculous b/c I wish I would have made a backup of c&c general's b/c my play disc got badly scratched and will not install the game.

You have to setup a 'virtual drive' in alcohol 120% and mount the image to the virtual drive. This is basically tricking the computer that the 'virtual drive' although uses your hd is a cd-rom.

If you burned the CD correctly, taking into account the right type of copy protection that is on that cd, and you get the "NEEDS EMULATION" label, it means that you need to enable RMPS (Recordable Media Physical Signature) Emulation

http://club.cdfreaks.com/lite/t-60877.html

I wish I backed up all my games in the past, although I have managed to keep most of mine in good condition. I had a bum disc2 in my Diablo 2 box, wouldn't install, so had to copy a friends. Never did get around to returning it....

Originally posted by Magua
    I wish I backed up all my games in the past, although I have managed to keep most of mine in good condition. I had a bum disc2 in my Diablo 2 box, wouldn't install, so had to copy a friends. Never did get around to returning it....
    Blizzard with relpace the disk for you.

Damaged or broken CD:
    You will need to mail in the damaged or broken disk(s), and a $10 US dollar money order to the P.O. box listed below to cover shipping and handling costs. No personal check or cash will be accepted*.

Please send all necessary materials to the following address:
    Blizzard Entertainment
    P.O. Box 18979
    Irvine, CA 92623
    http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=mall0133p

Since I imagine it's too late to return or exchange.

If you burned the CD correctly, taking into account the right type of copy protection that is on that cd, and you get the "NEEDS EMULATION" label, it means that you need to enable RMPS (Recordable Media Physical Signature) Emulation
    Ok i erased the cd, and burned it again with the RMPS option checked. Again.... it still says NEEDS EMULATION. And if i do mount it to my drive, does it take up anymore harddrive space?

To mount CD into your virtual drive you don't need to burn image on CD. All you need is just the image of the CD(which will take space on your hard drive) when you got your image on your hard drive simply open it in Alcohol120% and mount it to your virtual drive.

ok, i guess i'll take that way, thx guys for the great help and advice as usual