PREMIUM RAM (512Mb 400Mhz)

or

ASUS MOTHERBOARD WITH nForce 2 AMD ATLHON XP 2.8Mhz
    Kingston ram 512 400mhz

What would you say is better and why?
    V.Itra.Forza

Ultimate Member
    Your first option is better

Obviously the first is going to be the better choice, however if you're going to spend that kind of money, go for the nForce 3 - 250 instead of the 150.

Here is a nice read for you on Anandtech:
    http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=2063

It depends how you want to define 'best'. The 64bit is clearly going to be better performing. Soyo isn't one of my favourite manufacturers mind you. It depends on what you want to use it for though as well. If you're going to surf the net and use office apps (word processor, spreadsheet, etc.) then 64bit isn't going to help you that much. It certainly wouldn't be worth the extra $'s you'll have to pay for it. BTW, the XP2800 is not 2.8GHz, in fact there is no 2.8GHz AthlonXP.

I want to use it only for

1-New Games(FAR CRY,NFSU2,DOOM3,HL2)
    2-3D Ap.(MAYA 5, 3D SM6 ,POSER 5,)

What would yo think it be the better choice tu run the 3d ap.
    and the games
    V.Itra.Forza

The 64bit is clearly better for those
    P4 3.0Ghz
    512 DDR
    80 Gig
    GeFource Fx 5900
    Audigy 2 Platinum
    Creative 6.1 6600

Whats not to love

Hagen, you may want to take some tip to read up on your current CPU and chipset options - you'll end up making a far more informed decision that way. Sure, the A64/nForce3 would be a fast system and is the way to go for a highend gaming/3D rig... but that's to be expected as it's newer generation technology, and you would pay so much more for it then an decent XP/nForce2 system. Is that in your budget? Do you need that level of performance?

What I want to do is to spend my saving on a good motherboard and new amd 64 Instead of buying the X800 PRO because that way I´m thinking in the feature that means that I wont be buying
    other parts for at least 7 months.

Do you really think it´s best to buy a amd xp system instead of a amd 64 so that in the feature I could buy a more powerfull system

I really need it for 3d apps and xtreme gaming.

My plan was to spend all my money on a amd 64 system with a good motherboard an at the en d of the year buy a good videocard like ati R500 chip..
    V.Itra.Forza

It's really a personal choice, how often you get the itch to upgrade to the latest/greatest and how much money you can blow. If you're the sort of person to buy a new system every six months simply because you want to have a faster CPU then going with the A64 might be the way to go... at least it may hold off the next upgrade a little longer. Personally, most people would be fine with a decent XP system and they're cheap... but if your into more intensive stuff, and it sounds like you are, then something with a little more power (A64) isn't a bad idea.

At the moment, i'm still working with an Athlon 1.0Ghz and i'm still not sure when my next upgrade is coming.

I would personally go with the 64 bit system with a 9800pro instead of a 32bit and an x800/6800. Those seem like the options you are playing with...what kind of budget are you looking at by the way?

Going with a 9800 until the R500 comes out sounds like a good plan to me.

around $1000 but because I dont live in the US I have to pay a lot in taxes and shipping around ($250) so the system has to be built with $750
    V.Itra.Forza