Thread: Media Player Classic by Gabest

Media Player Classic by Gabest

Downloaded MPC on winXP deleted Realplayer. So far I have only played audio files, which it loads faster then Realplayer. I would like to remove the Realplayer remnants in registry and since MPC is a Realplayer alternitive, does it use any Realplayer registry entries? Can I remove or change them.

Anything comments on MPC in general? Anything I should know?

EX Moderator-May He Rest in Peace rangeral's Avatar
    2 different companies, should be able to clean away, if you take a realplayer plugin out with the cleaning should be able to d/l it if a site only uses realplayer when you come across it.

rangeral

Thanks for the reply...thought maybe I was on iggy

I know it won't hurt just to leave it, but I like to clean up the remnants of deleted programs.

If anyone has a better Realplayer alternate, I'd love to hear it, I think Media Player Classic is still under construction.

If you find MPC is buggy after cleaning out Realplayer, reinstall MPC. It installs parts of Realplayer in order to access its codecs.

MPC actually uses "real alternative" and eosn't require a realplayer install.

Originally posted by sm8000
    If you find MPC is buggy after cleaning out Realplayer, reinstall MPC. It installs parts of Realplayer in order to access its codecs.
    Sorry for the lag time

I appreciate you're mentioning this...I had a feeling it did, but had no way to verify that I could find

Thanks to all

Seems to play audio well...specifically, an online business course for my soon to be wife and that's all I need it for currently
    Last edited by Prushka; 06-08-2004 at 01:19 AM.