Thread: water cooling an Antec Sonata - doable?

water cooling an Antec Sonata - doable?

Hello, I am very much leaning towards getting an Antec Sonata. It is mouth-watering beautiful. Anyway, I know it has an air filter, but I was thinking in putting a water cooling system. I had other plans in mind as well (making a acrylic window and MAYBE opening up the front bay so the front fan can suck air in and the back blows it out, similar to the Antec LanBoy). But the Antec Sonata is only a mid-tower. Has anyone tried to install water cooling in this case or a case of this size?

In addition, because I just love how this case looks, does anyone know of a case that is just like the Sonata, except it has 4 external 5.25 bays and the front multimedia ports are not a hassle (more like tedious) to install? I would love a case just like the Sonata but bigger.

Thank you all in advance for your expertise.

It is doable. I inserted a dual 120mm rad, ehiem 1250 pump, tank o matic res, with 1/2" tubing in a wavemaster case. But in order to do so you may have to sacrifice hdd room and 5.25" bays. unless you get a bay res. ( i have read that they begin to leak over a period of time so i opped for my tank o matic ). It will take some time and ingenuity to be able to fit it all in, but yes it is duable.

Hope this helps.
    Asus P4C800-Deluxe
    P4-3.0ghz
    Dual 512 PC3200 = 1gig ram
    GeforceFx 5900 Ultra
    Audigy2 Platinum ex

Hello, thank you, it does help me. Actually, I've figured out a great water cooling solution.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...181-001&depa=0

This kit from Corsair has gotten some rave reviews from sites like tomshardware. With some ingenuity, as you put it, I think I can coordinate this kit with the beautiful Antec Sonata. In case you didn't realize it, I love Antec. They make quality PSUs (I'm not crazy about Thermaltake's PSUs but nice looking cases, though) and they make great cases.