Thread: DSL and Cable... Grr @ DSL.

DSL and Cable... Grr @ DSL.

Right now I have Cable running @ 3mbits down and about 400(+-50)kbits up. I also just installed SBC DSL. The guys @ SBC claimed that they just installed a hub 50 feet from my house, and they said they want to offer me cheap DSL at Cable speeds. So I took them up to that offer; and installed DSL. Well I'm getting slow speeds; about 150kbits down, and 60kbits up. So this is like a REALLY bad joke. They said to keep up for a few days and the speed will go up; but so far nothing has happened...

Has anybody else experianced this problem? I don't want to ditch cable just yet, because the guys @ DSL will only charge 25 bucks per month for 3mbits (if they can get it to my house).
    [IMG]www.garbercentral.com/vadim/266.jpg[/IMG]

That is about the speed I get with SBC DSL. It is slower than cable but for me, it is half price too. I was paying $57 per month for cable Internet. I pay $30 for DSL... Seems like a fair trade.

Good luck!

Advertising Cable Speed DSL Speed etc. without giving numbers is like “Bad” Poetry, not Technology.

Some DSL are faster then Cable and Vice versa.

There is No Set Cable Speed, or DSL Speed it depends on the ISP and the contract.

Link to: DSL or Cable Internet, what should I get?