Thread: Does XP SP2 RC1 has all the updates and patches?

Does XP SP2 RC1 has all the updates and patches?

Does anyone knows if XP SP2 RC1 has all the updates and patches or how can I download all the current XP updates and burn them to a disk?

Thx

you can try using Windows update, there is somewhere where you can personalize it and also download the updates instead of install over web.

the following site lists all hotfixes post SP1.

http://board.msfn.org/index.php?showtopic=8741

could be handy....

Go to http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/current.aspx and put in your OS, service pack level and it will give you a list of hotfixes that you need to download. Download all of them, get qchain, write a batch file for them then burn to a CD. As new ones come out, add them to the batch file and the CD and away you go.

Thx for all the replies however, I wanted to get all the XP updates and patches and burn to CD for friends who are on dialup.

Re: Does XP SP2 RC1 has all the updates and patches?

Originally posted by muchmark
    Does anyone knows if XP SP2 RC1 has all the updates and patches or how can I download all the current XP updates and burn them to a disk?

Thx
    SP2-RC1 has all the benefits of SP1 + your probably already aware of the enhanced security, you can download the network install > here<, There are already updates for this available on the Beta Update Site that I believe you can only access after you install SP2-RC1.

Is there a proposed date for the SP 2 pack being available for d/loading? Perhaps I've missed that.
    Doc
    Refurbished Computer.
    Gigabyte EP32-DS3L MOBO; 4Gb SDRAM; Intel EP8200 Core2Duo 2.6 CPU; HIPER PSU; Arctic Cool Freezer7Pro cooler; CD-R/RW; 2 X Western Digital 500 Gb SATA HDD plus Seagate 250 Gb HDD plus usual items. Windows 7 home premium.