Thread: OC Temps

OC Temps

My new Abit nf7 has an AMD Barton 2500+ running at 3200+ speed. 200 MHZ FSB at the 11 Mulitplier.

It is idling at 52-53c and under load, it does not change..... Is 53c too high, or just fine for an OC?

It is in a room that sits at around 65-70 degrees (f)

Copper heatsink, vantek thermal paste, and 4800rpm fan, not sure the brand....

Why does it not go up after running CPU intensive programs and games?

I had to bump up the VCore to 1.725 to get it stable.

Thanks to all who reccommended this board, it DOES kick @$$!!

You might want to reseat your hsf. Also make sure it's on the right way. What kind of hsf are you using? Those temps are a little high. Make sure to put the thermal paste on very light. Don't just glob it on.

52-53 is a bit high when idle...definitely check out the HS. Whats the case temps?
    I got same board...with 2800....its a sweet combo!

Case temps are at 30c

I will re-seat the HS, and I have a new case on the way with 2 more fans in it....

Oh, and it rebooted itself once while printing a document, is that a sign that it needs a little more on the Vcore? It's at 7.25 now.

Originally posted by Jerukoth
    Oh, and it rebooted itself once while printing a document, is that a sign that it needs a little more on the Vcore? It's at 7.25 now.
    It's also a sign of a heat problem.

It's not heat... It's running at 43-47 now ????

I wonder why it went down, nothing has changed in the room.

Originally posted by Jerukoth
    Case temps are at 30c

I will re-seat the HS, and I have a new case on the way with 2 more fans in it....

I think you mean 1.725 VCore volts.

If you figured out a way to get 7.25 volts to that baby, without melting the house down...let us know...

Seriously...printing really isn't a strain on it, unless you're printing photos or other graphics so, you might want to check for clean power....or a surge protector, etc.

Ok...have you run memtest on it? if not...go to www.memtest86.com, download it, and boot from it. A good half hour to hour should be sufficient. No errors should pop up at all.

By the way, where are you getting your temps from? BIOS or a software program??