Thread: What Game?

What Game?

I'm going to buy a new PC game today and i'm wondering what i should get. I dont know much about whats out there. I was thinking about getting Call Of Duty, Battlefield Vietnam or even Farcry. Suggestions please!!

You won’t be disappointed with any of the above games. I’d personally go with COD. On-line is such fun. Battlefield would be a good choice also. As for far cry, it’s a fun game also, not sure about on-line play though.

What hardware are you playing with?

If you have a dx9 card, Farcry is fine. Dx8, you may want to wait on Farcry and go with one of the other two.
    Just A Curb Side Profit

I'm using a 9800Pro

Originally posted by PacNW CE
    If you have a dx9 card, Farcry is fine. Dx8, you may want to wait on Farcry and go with one of the other two.
    Why?

go for farcry, it's one notch above all else at the moment.

unless half life 2 comes out with some killer mod for multiplayer i have a feeling farcry will be a very good competitor for multiplayer later on...ive seen quite a few mods that people are working on and the graphics are so unbelievable...as for single player games go...farcry FOR SURE...MP...at the moment the other two would be better but i am uncertain of the future of farcry

I picked up Call Of Duty, it was half the price of Farcry. But Farcry is next on my list.

good choice, cant beat 20 bucks for a game of the year canidate can you? call of duty is a fairly good single player game as well, i never did play it online though

Well i just finshed playing some online play with COD..its sweet. 25 vs 25 in Stalingrad is insain!

Ultimate Member
    Tough one, CoD is excellent but on the short side, wheras Far Cry starts brilliantly and is a huge game, ruined by rubbish enemies in the latter half. That said both games are one of the few examples in recent months of games that are worth buying, so you shoudl be fairly happy with either

--Jakk