Thread: Rename in Access

Rename in Access

Is there a way to rename querys, tables or Modules in access 97 and change every reference to the old name into the changed name. Sort of a Database version of search and replace.

been awhile but from what I remember there's no import wizard or function to take these (if they're attached to an existing database) and move them to a new one- last time I had to do it manually, which was a pain.

I recall I just copied the old database to a new one, then deleted the underlying records. Hope this helps, or you can try MS, and a alot of Access specific forums that may already have the answer

Thanks rmanet,
    I have tried the MS knowledge base and several access forums and all that I found was a function in Access 2000 called Name AutoCorrect it looks like it will do most of the renameing. The previous builders of our databases didn't use any kind of consistency when naming tables, etc and so a lot of the coding we have to do is hard to understand. I will keep looking but I don't think it can be done in 97.

Thanks again
    Will

hey don't give up - I can help more if you kepp me posted....

I haven't given up yet. I actually resolved the main problem we were having so the rename isn't quite so vital. It turned out that a screen was opening up when the database was started and that form was open so nothing could be renamed. But we still have one table in another database that refuses to be changed or deleted due to a permission issue. Apparently none of the Users, creators, or Administrators have permissions to modifiy the table. Any ideas on reseting the permissions?

Thanks for the offer rmanet

Will