Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: XPSP2 delayed

Ultimate Member

i'm really not surprised. I guess that will also hold up the Microsoft Update website, instead of just Windows Update too.

RC1 seems to work well enough here! I like the new pop-up blocker in IE, it integrates seamlessly into the GUI, and the warning when opening an attachmen tin OE is effective without being too intrusive. Had an issue with roxio EasyCD 5 which is now solved, everything else is hunky-dory.

who needs sp2 final? not me.

Strawbs wrote:

RC1 seems to work well enough here! I like the new pop-up blocker in IE, it integrates seamlessly into the GUI

There is a pop-up blocker in IE? Where? The pop-ups are the only thing on my list of things I don't like about XP.

Thanks,
    pepsigirl326

we're talking about XP SP2 here. If you didn't install the SP2 Beta, then you won't see the popup blocker. in the meantime, try this:

http://toolbar.google.com/

as i said; it integrates seamlessly into IE6, so much so that it doesn't usually show unless it has blocked a pop-up, then it's only a status bar with options to view the pop-up that triggered it. Can't seem to find a site to trigger a pop-up to show you so here's the next best thing.

Attached Images Attached Images

Okay, thanks. I'm going to go see what I can find.

pepsigirl326

I followed the yellow brick road and found myself with a google toolbar. Was that the intention. It looks ok to me, I like the form filling idea on the face of it but is it like that 'orrible Gator thing?
    I'm a sucker for freebies - also get all the bogoffs in the supermarkets.
    Docusk
    Refurbished Computer.
    Gigabyte EP32-DS3L MOBO; 4Gb SDRAM; Intel EP8200 Core2Duo 2.6 CPU; HIPER PSU; Arctic Cool Freezer7Pro cooler; CD-R/RW; 2 X Western Digital 500 Gb SATA HDD plus Seagate 250 Gb HDD plus usual items. Windows 7 home premium.

I know a lot of people that use the GTB and so far no problems. Adaware doesn't detect it as spyware and I think it helps more than it hurts. Since I use google to search anyways, it was a natural fit. It might be spyware, but at least it helps with those darn popups.

Whenever I install it I disable advanced features. No spyware then.

Originally posted by Strawbs
    RC1 seems to work well enough here! I like the new pop-up blocker in IE, it integrates seamlessly into the GUI, and the warning when opening an attachmen tin OE is effective without being too intrusive. Had an issue with roxio EasyCD 5 which is now solved, everything else is hunky-dory.

who needs sp2 final? not me.
    I had an issue with Roxio 5 on SP2 also. So I uninstalled it & now my wife is forced to use Nero as I had both installed. No other problems at all (knock on wood).

Originally posted by sm8000
    Whenever I install it I disable advanced features. No spyware then.
    same here but you just NEVER know.

Adaware, Spybot & PestPatrol never flag anything to do with google. Of course google probably paid them!

SM 800, Yes, I'll try that. Should I still keep adaware and run it? I also use spybot. Any conflicts likely that you know of lads (and lasses, sorry)
    Docusk
    Refurbished Computer.
    Gigabyte EP32-DS3L MOBO; 4Gb SDRAM; Intel EP8200 Core2Duo 2.6 CPU; HIPER PSU; Arctic Cool Freezer7Pro cooler; CD-R/RW; 2 X Western Digital 500 Gb SATA HDD plus Seagate 250 Gb HDD plus usual items. Windows 7 home premium.

Originally posted by docusk
    SM 800, Yes, I'll try that. Should I still keep adaware and run it? I also use spybot. Any conflicts likely that you know of lads (and lasses, sorry)
    Docusk
    using BOTH adaware & spybot are a must.

Agreed. Along with SpywareBlaster.