Thread: LADY BUGS!!!

LADY BUGS!!!

i was wondering if it is at all possible to kill those stupid lady bugs that seem to easily be able to get in your home, but when it comes to getting out they have no idea what their doing. i would prefer a way that didnt involve fire or an exterminator

I just let them do whatever they want. They find and kill lots of the other bugs that live in the garden so rather than just use bug spray, I let the ladybirds do the work for me.

Have you tried spraying a surface-spray around the outside of doors and windows where the bugs are likely to get in?

You shouldn't kill lady bugs, they are good. They eat aphids and such. Let them be and you'll have fewer bad bugs.

well, killing lady bugs isnt bad when they invade your home by the thousands. and im not a gardener, so i wouldnt care about them being good for plants. and the only other "bad bugs" that i know of that ANNOY THE HELL out of me are boxelder bugs and mousquitos, and i doubt that ladybugs eat those bugs. but the spray-the-places-the-lady-bugs-like-to-get-in isnt that bad

There really isn't a good way to get rid of them. My grandmother's house is so bad with them that she has burned out 2 ShopVacs just trying to keep them from covering the entire house.

I live here in Kentucky and ladybugs are a big problem, especially in Eastern Kentucky where I am originally from. This particular variety is not native to Kentucky or even to the US. They were brought in to help with aphids in order to reduce the amout of spraying that needed to be done. The problems is that the idiots who made this wonderful gesture did not realize that if an animal, insect, or plant has no natural enemies, it will become a severe problem. Ever heard of kudzu? Same deal. People in charge who have probably never been to a farm decide what's best for us and do it without ever thinking of the consequences.

Did anyone notice that I'm a little bitter about this?

l have only seen them swarm a couple of times - and it must be a real pain to have them invade homes.

The harbour at Helsinki was swarmed one hot summer years ago.
    There was a military type on guard duty, at attention with rifle and full uniform.
    The bugs were all over him. Quite amusing.

That said, Helsinki is a fantastic place and should be visited.

The easiest means of removing Ladybirds is to scoop them into a tea spoon.
    Enjoy, l believe it is good fun.