Thread: LAN PROBLEMS!!@#!@ARGGH

Hybrid View

LAN PROBLEMS!!@#!@ARGGH

Alright, this is the problem, cookies to those who solve it.

We have an smc router (one of the cheap 4 slot connection onse you buy at a store), and a cheap netlink router. We also have the another one of the same router and another small hub. Anyways, whenever someone in our lan (6 people) joins an internet cs server and another tries to join the same one, the person connected first will disconnect. Why? This is **** me off. From what I recall in my previous lans, a lot of people could connect to the same server.

So yeah, that is the problem at hand.
    Thx anyway.

Please watch your language, thanks.

Why do you have 3 routers and a hub for 6 computers?

why do you have so many routers? you should only use 1 router and use a switch for the rest of the computers.

Oh, were not using them all, we just have them, and have tried them in different connections- hub to hub, router to router, router to hub. But it seems nothing works, maybe it has to do something with steam.

so all the systems can get a valid IP and connect to the Internet? you only have problems when running the game? if you are going to do a lot of these lan parties, I would recommend that you purchase a good 8 or 16 port switch. maybe have everyone chip in for it or something.

Make sure you have those Routers set to run in DMZ
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5