Thread: Msi MS-6950

Msi MS-6950

Alright I have a lil problem, I have a Kt6 Delta LSR. And i've had to RMA it cause the AGP slot went bad, then I had 768mbs of RAM. When i got it back, I put everything together double checked ect. put my ram in there 192mbs of ram! so I thought hmm... maybe the bios needs updating, so I go online update the BIOS restart ect. ect. ect. Still, same problem I tried getting MSI supprt to help me but they didnt respond. I think somethings wrong with the memory contoller on the north bridge cause i've tried putting in my friends' ram same thing it only reads a quater of the capacity of the RAM so I dunno any suggestions. I think I should just send it back again.
    Athlon XP 2100+ @ 2.24 (178X12.5)
    512Mb DDR400 (Corsair)
    80Gb WD 8Mb Cache
    Radeon 9000 Pro 128mb DDR
    MSI KT3 Ultra 2
    SB Live! Value
    Intel NIC
    2 CD-RW 8x4x32 & 2x4x24 (im cheap)

TwEaKist

Re: Msi MS-6950

Originally posted by XtReAmTwEaKist
    Alright I have a lil problem, I have a Kt6 Delta LSR. And i've had to RMA it cause the AGP slot went bad, then I had 768mbs of RAM. When i got it back, I put everything together double checked ect. put my ram in there 192mbs of ram! so I thought hmm... maybe the bios needs updating, so I go online update the BIOS restart ect. ect. ect. Still, same problem I tried getting MSI supprt to help me but they didnt respond. I think somethings wrong with the memory contoller on the north bridge cause i've tried putting in my friends' ram same thing it only reads a quater of the capacity of the RAM so I dunno any suggestions. I think I should just send it back again.
    If the same thing happened on a friend's board then I'd say it is your RAM gone bad...Try each individual stick of RAm and the one that does not do much of anything is the bad one...
    "I'm no technical supervisor, I'm a supervising technician."
    --Homer Simpson

nahh its not my ram i put NEW sticks of ram in there still problems exists alos old ramworks in my friends computer
    Athlon XP 2100+ @ 2.24 (178X12.5)
    512Mb DDR400 (Corsair)
    80Gb WD 8Mb Cache
    Radeon 9000 Pro 128mb DDR
    MSI KT3 Ultra 2
    SB Live! Value
    Intel NIC
    2 CD-RW 8x4x32 & 2x4x24 (im cheap)

TwEaKist

Originally posted by XtReAmTwEaKist
    nahh its not my ram i put NEW sticks of ram in there still problems exists alos old ramworks in my friends computer
    Oh I read it wrong....
    "I'm no technical supervisor, I'm a supervising technician."
    --Homer Simpson

if your sure the memory works, and there is no strange mem setting in bios, send it back.
    Life is a bowl of cherries