Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 7 new Spyware programs and I still have a virus

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by BipolarBill
    I don't know anything about an XBox virus. Sounds like BS to me.
    You know, i think he meant the email had the virus in it, not the xbox had the virus in it

Hi Charlie,

That is Charlie from the defunct Roxio GB forum – no?

Firstly, unless the viruses do not need to be transmitted via email and the like why is it that you are being infected so regularly?

If you have a firewall configured correctly, e.g., ZA or Sygate, and Windows updated then this type of means should be all but eliminated.

Unless your AV programs are online and able to scan archive files then this is another reason why you are being infected once opening the attachment.

With all these AV programs etc, you should be adequately protected.

However, knowledge and acumen are prerequisites too.

If you need further advice and a preventive and curative strategy then post again.

G

I just find it hard to believe that I ran that browser security test and it found 0 problems ..amazing....
    I bet getting rid of MSN had something to do with it.....along with the use of the new browsers...from Opera and Mozilla Firebird.
    These browsers have built in protection and also use Google as a site included if you want...very nice!
    I have all the up to date security fixes for Microsoft installed and the firewall on..but do not have a normal Software version on as of now....
    Its also nice..not to have to mess with all the pop-up programs to deal with..no need for as far as I am concerned..jsut more gunk in the system.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Good to hear that everything is getting back to normal.

I think Opera is a great browser and the one I use 99 per cent of the time.

I like opera OK and its a nice browser..but tend to use Mozilla more than not as I like it a little better....

I am a hog and use both...like having both deserts on your plate.....

Opera is a little better looking....why do you prefer this one....over others?

Also, while i am thinking about it.....most of the security problems still have to do with MS and IE.....I have a feeling we will just have to live with it....at least we are able to openly use the internet at will ...so I guess we should be grateful for what it has to offer...... I know I am....but then again we pay for it...good and evil are just things we have to live with ..
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 04-11-2004 at 08:11 AM.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Just a quick note to add, if you haven't heard/tried CWShredder, get it, it fixes some stuff that SpyBot/AdAware don't fix or don't remove completely.