Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: UEFA Champions League Discussion

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by Bigjakkstaffa
    ...only to deface bibles and sing rude versions fo the hymns

--Jakk
    Is that all?

Ultimate Member scottluebke2003's Avatar
    Anyone see ManUtd draw with Arsenal? The Red's still got it. But the big game is saturday, semi finals for FA cup, ManUtd vs. Arsenal, Then Arsenal has to play Chelseas in UEFA. Arsenal has some seriously tough games coming up. It oughta be a good one to follow.
    ~A life without Jesus is a life that's never fixed~

Ultimate Member
    Bear in mind Arsenal, who im not a great fan of, were denied a cast iron penalty when Caroll took Reyes' ankles in the box.

--Jakk

but Man U were also robbed when Campbell wiped out Giggsy! My kids are Arsenal fans (because it's fairly local), I'm a Liverpool fan but haven't been to Anfield for years.

After Liverpool, I'd like Arsenal to win everything because I hate Man U. with a vengence, I didn't like the way everybody became a Man U fan when they started winning everything and I don't much care for the "Prawn Sandwich" eating turncoats that follow them either.

not my favourite team either, but they have won a lot of stuff over the last seventeen years, and i don't like ****-nil much either, best I can hope for is a Chelsea double.
    Life is a bowl of cherries

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by Strawbs
    but Man U were also robbed when Campbell wiped out Giggsy!
    From the touchline angle it was definitley outside of the box...only just mind you, and it was definitley a foul, albeit a clumsy rather than an intentional one

--Jakk

Who has your vote for UEFA champ?

Arsenal OR Chelsea, IMO

It won't be Chelsea, I guarantee it. I also don't think it'll be Arsenal, they'll end up being beaten by the blooming Italians, or have Real expose their defensive holes, like Ashley Cole's tackling, and everything Lehmann does.

Ultimate Member
    Yup, Chelsea havent yet gelled as a team and unless Damien Duff is in the starting 11 never look like theyre going to tonk anyone. Indeed if anythign they have too much talent there, arguably Mutu and Crespo have had adetrimental effect this year in that their being there has resulted in arguable the only decent partnership there, of Gudjohnsen and Hasselbank being broken up.

As for Arsenal, as commented, good goign forward but very lackign in defence when you take big Sol out of the picture, in addition to this i dont think theyve got much tackling weight in the centre of the park without Viera, but then theyre deceptive liek that, and as pointed out Lehmann is, at present, far from a world class stopper, however ive seen him play a few games back in Germany and if he manages to fully settle in next season he'll be safe pair of hands for them in the long run, though i still dont se ehim becoming world class

--Jakk

Chances are that Real or AC will take it all. But I always enjoy seeing an underdog win it all. In this case, that would Chelsea, although I honestly don't think they have what it takes to beat Real or AC, they just might surprise us.

Last night I played a game of FIFA2003, Arsenal vs Real Madrid. I was Arsenal. I won in the 2nd extra time 3-2. It was great. If you have ever played that game, you know that Real Madrid is near impossible to beat. I believe this was only the 2nd time I have ever beat them. The other time was with ManUtd.

Because of this victory, Arsenal will win it all.... haha something like that.

Pro-Evolution Soccer 3 on PS2 is a better game by footie fans. Fifa is slick and looks prettier, but that's not what gaming is all about.

Personally, I don't think the Italians will win it again this year. If they play Arsenal, they'll lose. The trouble with Italian football is that they don't close you down until the last 3rd of the pitch, they defend deeply, and very rarely play a pressing game. A side like Arsenal, who press all over the pitch, won't give the likes of Pirlo/Gattuso/Seedorf the time to dictate play. That's what sets the English league apart, pace and pressing.

This is most evident if you look at my club, Liverpool. Games they've done well in (the last Pompey game), they were energetic from the kick off 'till the final whistle. Games they havn't done well in (both pompey cup ties, southampton etc.), you could tell from the lack of energy in the 1st 10 minutes that it was going to be a struggle. They only woke up when the opposition scored, and that's too late.

Pressing, pace, instant decision making and quick thinking is what makes the English league the most exciting in the world.

English is full of exciting games, I agree.

Arsenal beat Real Madrid!

Game 1: Arsenal 3-Real 2 Extra Time
    Game 2: Real 1-Arsenal 0 Penalty Kicks
    Game 3: Arsenal 2- Real 0

I played these games on FIFA in the last few days. Real is so incredibly difficult to beat. We went to penalty kicks after 2 extra times and regulation, no goals. Figo took the final kick and nailed it, putting Real over 4-3 in penalty kicks. But next I came back and whooped them in Madrid. Henry nailed a killer free kick in the 85 minute, putting me at 2-0 over the Spaniards. It's amazing how much I can get into these games that arn't even happening. Lucky me, I tackled Ronaldo in the first 20 minutes, injuring his ankle, he left the game for the rest of it, that helped me in the victory.
    Anyone else played FIFA2003/2004?

l think Arsenals match this weekend with Man Utd. is the key to their season.

There is a real game in prospect.
    FA Cup semi-final followed by the Grand National.
    Grab yer seats down the pub now.

I have fifa 2004 for PS2, but find some of the new controls rather clumsy and find the unrealism a bit difficult to overcome. Naturally, you are going to play in a style that you think football should e played in, and Fifa is really only conducive to a long ball game, which is disappointing. The defense in all tactics sits far too deep and you end up with a big hole in the middle and with the midfielders doing 40 yard shuttles watching the ball bypass them. There's no pressing, no urgency, and it's nigh on impossible to generate space in the attacking 3rd of the pitch. When you do, you have to score or you're in for a difficult afternoon. Oh, and the skill moves ar impossible to pull off too, making beating a player very difficult.

Anyone see ManU beat Arsenal in the FA Cup semi's????
    The Reds are still hot.
    Yes yes, I know, Henry sat the bench most of the game, but Vaan Nistelrooy didn't even play.
    I watched a tape delay of their Premeirship match last week and Arsenal dominated the whole game, even though they drew.

Did anyone see the goal that Henry scored in last weeks game against ManU? It was a bullet. By the time Carroll moved, the ball was already in the net.

Speaking of which, I am very impressed with the performance of Carroll in the goal. What do you think?