Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: What Game Is Currently In Your Consoles And/Or PC

i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Has anyone here actually bought and played a bit of SC Chaos Theory? Its been out for almost a week now...
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Yes, it is great.

I'd recommend you play with the brightness and contrast to remove a good deal of the DE:IW texture shine if it annoys you, those sliders are really useful in this game. The game looks beautiful after a little tweaking on it and the gameplay is superb.

Played through it several times now - still can't get near perfect on the last two levels, but then again, they kinda do evolve into bloodbaths without a choice in it.

SomeoneStupid....Thats amazing...you played through it twice already??? Must have gotten the game just when it came out.

Like I said if Office Depoe or someone else has it where I can just go and pick it up without postage and shipping times ...then I might have it by this weekend.

You seem more than not a harsh reviewer on games but like me,maybe you loved this game from the start way back with the first one. Critigues always help in my determinations to get something...thanks!

Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

If you read Jakk's SC patch thread, you'd see I was really harsh. Came after playingt he worst level in the game though and I was quite frustrated... I followed up and tried to clear up my comments a bit. Since then I've been able to get rid of my main graphical gripe, a DE:IW texture sheen (which was pretty bad - though it looks great long as you don't compare it to the latest games) by playing with the b and c sliders. Now I really can't complain - just I think they should have had a different default for the brightness and contrast, at normal settings, textures get too shiny. Also made the game tons harder since one has to use the other vision modes to see in the dark instead of naturally seeing fifteen times better than the enemies - I now use nightvision - before I rarely if ever did.

I'm needing to have surgery (hence the time), so I had to withdraw from school since even though I'm able to pull A's on the test the policy states I have to show up or lose 5 points a day on the final grade. Bastards.

Originally posted by Rabbitrunner51
    Has anyone here actually bought and played a bit of SC Chaos Theory? Its been out for almost a week now...
    Yeah, I went to CompUSA today and picked it up for $29.99. At that price I had no choice but to get it.

The Lodge...

I just went to the CompUSA site to check out the prices ..and games ect..and sure enough they have it listed..but alongside it also said coming soon.

I will call them tomorrow at one of our stores here and see what the scoop is and when I can do this..or if they have it in stock.

Since the site also lists the same game for Xbox as being the full $49.99 ,then maybe the PC version will be as advertised by this promo to start off.

RR don't let that fool ya. I think it came out on friday. That $29.99 deal was in their ad from sundays paper. When I went today my local compusa had about 40 copies.

I was gonna get the game anyways, just not right away. But like I said, for that price I had no choice.

Its a big busride from DT here (not too bad)..to where I would get it... but I figure $1.35 is next to nothing to save so much.

KOTOR2
    KOTOR
    Republic Cammando

waiting for Guild WARS to be on my comp.
    [qoute]A man has one fish that hauntes him[/qoute]

Just picked up Splinter Cell Chaos Theory at CompUSA.

Thanks Lodge on the info about where to get it... costs just thirty dollars. You saved me at least $15-18.00.

Will give some rundown on it later tonight or tomorrow after I play it awhile.

Just finished it..(SC Chaos Theory ) and I liked it.

Like Someone Stupid said in another post..it is not all that difficult.. I would say a tad bit less hard than the first one and harder than the second...

Played it on medium mode. The tools Sam is able to use work beautifully in the game,( it took me awhile to know just how to utilize the moves the best..but they are automatic mostly anyway..just move and click the left of right move button.
    In my opinion , the interface console is almost the same ole one you loved in the first..just a couple of things changed or added. No problems

Some of the cicnematic scenes within the game I really liked and this is more than in the previous two games...and if you have a good sound card there are some nice audio soundtracks going on in 5.1 or 7.1 sound here and there.

Not an overly long game... maybe a bit short... but some missions have almost two parts..so. ten in all.

Since I got the game pretty cheap looking back..I can say hat fifty dollars may be a bit steep. More like the $30-45 range.

Very glad I picked this up and did quite enjoy it like I knew I would... did not dissapoint...so i'm happy.

Wait a week or two andf play it on hard mode.

Only the middle of the month and still two weeks till April,then I can order another.

At the moment I've been playing Shining Force on my SNES, and Final Fantasy VI. I like to alternate between them

PS2 has Burnout 3 in it which I play 10 mins here and there once in a while, PC has SWAT 4 on the go at the mo, managed to get 3 levels done in 2 weeks, lol, I'm not a big gamer

Also, was bored last night and played Mario World through again.
    Eh?

yeah ..my next game or games are going to be Swat 4 and or Brothers in Arms...

Still want to get that ever elusive golf game . Maybe Links 2002 or 2004,and maybe NFS 2 possibly.