Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AMD, Microsoft Boost Security

I feel a rebellion in the computing industry by the user side coming on

No matter what they do, people ("hackers") will find ways around it and more and more people won't care about the solutions or morality of them as long as it frees them from their little electronic prison.
    - Avor

Not only will will people find ways around it, but it'll be easy. Im sure the vendors (intel) will play both sides by making it so. They'll appease the disney the riaa and mpaa idiots by sticking a TC sticker next to the HT one while at the same time making sure not to exclude the "power user" who respects privacy and knows a thing or two about whats in that box they call a computer.

As I've been saying for a while now, the day will come when you will need 2 pc's. One for online and one that is NEVER connected to the web. Just so that you can maintain some of your privacy.

I use 2 PCs like that now

The last one I built was only connected to the net when doing updates of software and drivers, now it doesn't even have a phone line near it let alone connected to it

If I want to get anything onto it I use an ethernet connection to my laptop so It can be virus scanned too.

If you start off by thinking the worst and not trusting people then you can only be nicely surprised, not disapointed when you learn more about them

Sceptics of the world unite!

Sceptiscism is the way everyone is beginning to think these days, no matter if its about politics, religion or some dastardly plot to 'make computing safer'.

TC will hopefully be a complete balls up. Just take a look at all the Ma and Pa computer users out there who have copied disks for their kids they got from family members, or who still use versions of Office dating back to office 97.
    If everyone started from scratch, got a new PC, bought all new software TC might work, but thats never going to happen.

TC introduction will possibly be the event that finally gets linux off the ground with the general public.