Thread: CPU slowdown

CPU slowdown

WTF I use to get in 700's with my cpu score in 3dmark 03 now it gets freakin like 607 what the hell.

Do you have a performance throttling option enabled in your bios? If so check your temps and look for dust in your filters, on your fan blades or in your heat sink.
    How many programs do you have running in the background? I've noticed that the number of processes seems to keep increasing over time and haven't figured out why yet. Too many background operations will definatly slow it down. Some times housekeeping (spyware removal, virus scan, defrag, registry clean up helps, in really bad cases (every 6 mo. to 1 year) I end up reloading my operating system (brings down the number of background processes from 50+ to around 12).
    Are you overclocked? Have you raised the Vcore? I have found that when I push my processors too hard they sometims slow down before they die. Usually I can maintain performance (for a short time) by increasing Vcore but when this cycle starts CPU life is getting very, very, short.
    Some people claim that the thermal grease between the CPU and the heatsink gets old and can hamper performance, I have not found this to be true.
    Hope It helps.
    Enjoy!

My cpu is an Xp2600 barton at 2.34ghz @ 1.85v core. Also my temp says its at 34C idle which is low. I ran a sissandra to see what it got in that and it got 8909 or so which is good score.

I installed a 9800pro not to long ago.

is your cpu mark the same with your old graphics card in? The new one might be eating more power than the old one leaving other things underpowered :\