Thread: Windows explorer Issue

Windows explorer Issue

A friend has a user that has a weird problem. When using Windows explorer on the C drive no files are visible in the right pane. If he clicks on a directory in the left pane all the files in that Dir. show up. We have scanned for viruses using the enterprise version of Norton with the latest definations. Have also reset the folder options and the view options to defaults. Also the Graphic showing the Available space on the drive is no longer viewable. I don't have the machine here but will answer any thing I can that I have forgotten. The machine is running Windows 2000 Pro with SP 2. They tried to load SP 3 last night but the install failed. I am Downloading SP 4 now so they can give that a try as well as Adaware and Spybot. I have searched Google, M$ knowledge Base and several other Forums without any luck. I did find 1 article at M$ that they are going to try but the issue wasn't quite the same.

Thanks in advance
    Will

Ultimate Member
    What happens if you try to access those directories via My Computer?

Have you tried installing TweakUI and then using the Repair System Files feature?

Eric,
    http://www.legge40.freeserve.co.uk/BuyerBeware.htm
    PC Buyer Beware!

Eric, Sorry for taking so long to reply but I had a day off. We resolved the problem by installing SP4 in safe mode and that seems to have resolved the Issue. I will keep the TweakUI features in mind next time I see some wierdness. I always forget how useful that program is.

Thanks again,
    Will