Thread: BF1942 1.6 patch problem

BF1942 1.6 patch problem

Hey so Bf1942 1.6 is cool but I'm wondering if anyone out here is having joystick problems with it. For me, every time the map changes, right becomes left and vice versa on the joystick

Anyone else notice this?

I haven't got the patch yet and I have a joystick. If you could give me a link I could probably help you out.

ASUS A8N-E Motherboard : AMD X2 4800+ CPU : 2 GB Kingston ValueRAM : ATI EAX 1950XTX : Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music

Thanks I'll see what I can do

I get the same problem, but it only does this on certian maps, not on every map.

What maps have the helicopters?

hellicopters? not in 1942!

But on the front of the patch it was a helicopter. So I guess your talking about planes then right

Hey seanieboy you are correct! I ws looking at the BF1942 patch details and found this

"New Map - Raid on Agheila
    Raid on Agheila is a new map playable for owners of the Secret Weapons of WWII expansion pack. This exciting map adds a bevy of new vehicles, including mobile spawn points, stationary rocket launchers, a new tank, new self-propelled artillery, and the Flettner, an experimental helicopter".

Very cool, I've been playing bf1942 alot lately, but I haven't run across this yet. I'm going to go try to find the copter now

If you don't have the secret weapons expansion it's pretty good

Hi, Baby Arm, I know is a little late but just got this game. Same problem with the joystick with v1.6 patch. No problem with the game right out of the box v 1.3 and with patch 1.5, however, except sometimes the ego will just keep marching while stationary which moves the crosshair up and down that makes aiming a little tricky. Did you solve the joystick problem with patch 1.6?

Welcome to SysOpt Tranceboy!

I have had a few problems with control on the joystick. However, I think if you go to game controllers under the control pannel in my computer, recalibrate the joystick and all your problems should go away.

Also, I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but get the desert combat mod verson .7 That may solve your problems as well.

Thanks MadPistol. Actaully the joystick I refer to is in the form of mini-joystick on a gamepad therefore I cannot recalibrate. I have always wonder why pc fps games do not provide 100% support for gamepad. I first got into fps games by playing Medal of Honor on ps2. Immediately I loved it and using the two joystick axis for movement on a gamepad just blows away keyboard and mouse combination on a pc. I mean how difficult can it be to support gamepad or joystick for pc fps games. There must be a conspiracy like the game companies want to prohibit switching between pc and console gammers. This sucks!!

btw, what is mod? I heard of this many times over but not sure what it is. How do I get it into bf1942.

Mod is modification and Desert Combat is an awesome mod. There are many others but the most used are Desert Combat, Eve of Destruction and Forgotten Hope. I have all three but Desert Combat is the best. I big upgrade from Battlefield 1942. It's also quite easy to upload the mod. First you have to find the most current version of the mod, which is version 0.7 right now and download it. Go to where ever you saved it and open it up. After the game is loaded go ahead and go into Battlefield 1942. Click on custom game and then click Desert Combat. And then activate.

That should cover it.