Thread: just wondering ?

Hybrid View

just wondering ?

1 whats the best way to go on servers amd or intel?money doesnt matter

2 if there any way i can just work with a mouse , keyboard and monitor to make the invoices if i have an server in other office that is not the same as the server one? like working without having a another computer? or i do need another computer?

You can use remote control:

http://www.tightvnc.com/

If money truly doesn't matter, get Intel. It's easier to get help and advice. Performance-wise, they are not very different. AMD is just cheaper.
    MS MCP, MCSE

It sounds like you're going to run a Windows-based server. Right now, I would have to say Intel. Opteron has yet to prove itself for me. Once more 64-bit Windows OSes come it, it may be a completely different story.

you will need some kind of computer to terminal into the server. it can be a very low powered system, since it will only be used for video, keyboard input, etc.

It sounds to me like you are looking for a "dummy" or "diskless" terminal, if this is correct you are probably better off just getting another PC. I'm not exactly sure how it works but with a dummy terminal you still need a certain amount of hardware and software to setup the configuration properly, it is usually used in large corporate environments where it's substantially cheaper than buying numerous individual PCs.

hi

yeah i hear you only need a diskette drive , motherboard and some network card?

well the thing is that i dont want this worker to be playing card on the computer if u know what i mean .
    i live in ecuador where most of the ppl doesnt have the money to own a computer so they come inside the place and use the computer or if they have a family of them , they just come in and use the computer to do school work , and the computer been infected lately alot
    so thats what i want to stop.

other thing is that we got robbed so they stole the server and some other computers with the whole info and there's no back up
    so what i want is to spend not to much money and have the server in a place where not to many ppl go , and it can be only used to turn it on and turn it off . we do not use internet in the company .

so if anyone wanna help
    thank you