Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Roxio and Nero

Roxio and Nero

Currently I have Nero 6 Ultra edition installed, and would like to also install Roxio's Easy CD & DVD Creator 6. I have heard of some problems...is it worth installing Roxio? (I already own a copy of Roxio as well, I wouldn't be buying it)

I prefer Nero over Roxio, personally. If you do choose to go with Roxio, uninstall Nero first. I've run into problems with both programs on one system.

I would strongly advise not to have both in your system as i did this and I am a strong anti-proponent of Roxio....it will mess up your system restore and i have had severe issues with their drivers......

Also, it is never a good idea to load two of anything of the same nature into your system.....it just makes sense..

never a problem with Nero...ever!
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

I third the motion to NOT have 2 burning software loaded onto your system.. run one at a time.

I also vote for Nero, althoug I havent used Easy creator in quite a few versions!

"Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?" - C. Stoll

i had Roxio install first... then I installed Nero...

bad mistake... my system crashes all the time...

thinking about reformatting HD..

Originally posted by frnkzks
    i had Roxio install first... then I installed Nero...

bad mistake... my system crashes all the time...

thinking about reformatting HD..
    you installed nero without uninstalling roxio, right? or is nero crashing your system by itself?
    "Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?" - C. Stoll

I have both installed on my system(Windows XP Pro) and I have no problems at all.

Nero 6
    Easy CD Creator 5

Originally posted by nothing
    I have both installed on my system(Windows XP Pro) and I have no problems at all.

Nero 6
    Easy CD Creator 5

Interesting... can I ask why you have both? and also, which did you have first, and then second?

Hmm, guess Ill hold off for now. I have Nero 6 Ultra already installed, but Roxio EZ CD/DVD Creator 6 came packaged with my DVD burner. Figured Roxio may have had a few features worth looking at, but its not worth the trouble.

Nero software is inferior to Roxio, it's that simple. I've been using Roxio stuff ever since they were Adaptec. BUT...I unfortunately purchased that gawd awful Nero junk before I got turned on to Adaptec (now Roxio). It sure was pretty to look at, and was the best coaster maker anyone could wish for. Their customer support was abysmal, even rude. Their readme's were even worded as to indicate that they KNEW, there would be problems with the buggy software that they were asking a LOT of money for. This was all a few years back, I'll admit, but I wouldn't even THINK of using their crappy software again. Roxio is simple, straight forward in design and does everything Nero can do and does it well. It also uses less system resources to perform it's job, Nero is a RAM hog. Be smart and get the Nero junk off your system, and install a GOOD product like Roxio. Someone here said they "..have had severe issues with their (Roxio's), drivers...". That's hogwash. Roxio has some of the prettiest and cleanest coding of any software out there. But hell...y'know...in a hundred years or so...we'll all probably be toes up and who'll know the difference anyway? So maybe you ought to leave the Nero on your drive....y'think? After all, I'm just a grocery jerk...uh...clerk. Hah...uh...have a good one.-----Ernie.

Admittedly Nero isn't as straight forward as Roxio, however you'd be hard pressed to call it junk. Perhaps Bolt you should learn how to use it. Or perhaps you should just grow up.
    kevrob1

Peace Go With You...

No need to get hostile.

Roxio had some problems when XP first came out. EZCD5 would just kill the secondary ide drives. I had to do a lot of system restores after people installed EZCD. There were some patches that came out, but it really turned people off of EZCD.

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc...Qecdcv5p.jhtml

hey! you guys/gals are not making it easy for me to make a choice here

Nero Vs Roxio pretty even

what about one of them with alcohol 120%

Originally posted by FrnchDp
    Interesting... can I ask why you have both? and also, which did you have first, and then second?

Easy CD Creator 5 came with my computer (so that's the one I had first) and later on I bought Nero 6. I really like both of them - sometimes I use Nero, sometimes I use Easy CD Creator. Whichever I find first in the start menu

I've used both and I like both. I'm currently using Nero at home and Roxio at work and they both work fine. The new Roxio6 is suppsedly faster than Nero but that was before Nero6 came out and I haven't heard a comparison of the 2 since.
    kevrob1

Peace Go With You...