Thread: BF1942 server how do I serve?

BF1942 server how do I serve?

Hey I'm not sure about how to host a server for battlefield 1942. I've also tried in desert combat. I think I've got the servering part down but is says that I can't join it. Now I have version 0.6 for DC but I've got version 0.5 server. Will that make a difference. I think it might be the problem because when I try to join the game that I'm hosting it says data differs from server could that be my real problem???

Client and server will need to be the same version in order to avoid that error.

You trying to run a dedicated server?

THere is no DC server software. Just download server v1.5 from www.battlefield1942.com After that is installed, installed DC .6 into that directory. The same with any other mod you are wanting to run on it. Also make sure that you forward your ports on your firewall. If your running this on a regular home cable connection it might not work as some ISP's don't allow you to host a server.

Ok i'll install it into my directory but isn't there a DC server that's for 0.6???

Thanks for your help!

No there is no DC server, read above. You just need the server from EA. It will run any mod you have installed ont he server that is compatible with that version.

But I have a DC server and I've used it but all it says is that data differs from server. Also if tha is true then how do people start up DC games on the internet?

Like i ahve already explained. Please READ my post. Install the server program from EA, then install the DC mod on the server, in the same folder you installed the server program too. Then connect. PLEASE read my posts above.

The DC server program is if you just want to run DC. Now if you get the server program from EA, you can run any mod.
    Last edited by Bizkitkid2001; 01-20-2004 at 10:12 PM.

Ok thanks. But what is the stand alone server. Just wondering