Thread: Cannot access internet...

Cannot access internet...

Hello- I cannot access the internet after I installed Norton Personal Firewall 2004. I always get the message "page cannot be displayed". My computer is a HP Pavilion 772N running Windows XP. I left the settings so that nothing is blocked. Any help is appreciated- minihertz
    PS- this is a DSL connection
    Last edited by minihertz; 01-18-2004 at 11:40 PM.

Is this dialup or broadband?

Uninstall Norton and test wthout it.
    MS MCP, MCSE

check to make sure ip for your gateway/router or whatever device you use to connect to the internet is in the list of addresses to allow.. I don't use norton so I have no user interface input... sorry... good luck... there should be a safe zone or something... check for your connection devices ip... I assume you already know the ip addy for your connection device.... ????? also if your dsl provider gave them to you you may need to input them manually...
    asus p3c-2000
    P-II 400-100fsb
    320 mb pc133 sdram
    windows xp
    4x agp ecs-ag315T
    (building new system, someday, soon I hope)

I, also, have not used that firewall a lot. Maybe check to see if it has a way to block all connections. ZoneAlarm has a lock down feature and maybe norton starts out with that so you have a chance to configure it. Try reading all the documentation on the product and going to the manufacturers(sp) web site.