Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best game of last year!!!!!

Best game of last year!!!!!

I finally figuared which game deserves the platinum..

Actually let me reword that... the best NON multiplayer game..

the award goes to...........

Prince of Persia sands of time!!

Runs great, Eye popping graphics.. Very nice engine, very good voice acting, great story line... I can't say enough about this..

so what is your guy's overall best games of 2003 for pc?

Banned
    without no doubt:

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

ohhh yeah.. I remmeber that game.. the one where the graphics were.. so/so and the story line was INTENSE
    oh oh oh.... and its sorta like.....ummm that other one with out 80's music..

hehehe.. just kiddin with ya....It's an alright game.. I just hate it when ppl talk about how cool that game is and when they play it.. all they do is put infinate health, all weapons and infinate ammo on and blow **** up for 4 hours......

sorry.. not my cup of gaming tea..

Ultimate Member
    Need For Speed: Underground - the only game to have laste dme longer than 6 hours

--Jakk

NFS: Underground...
    Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

without no doubt:

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Seconded.

Gotta be Vice City for me I think. The storyline was good, and playing through it properly was somewhat challenging and also really good fun. Sure, if you're that way inclined you can put cheats on as you say, and 'blow **** up for four hours' but at the end of the day it's that freedom which made it so **** good

I'd like to put a second game in... but none spring to mind that had me playing for so long... I suppose the only one that comes close was the D+D romp Temple of Elemental Evil but that was too buggy and rushed to warrant a 'game of the year'

Maybe a poll should be created? The sysopt 2003 game of the year poll....
    Visionology Interactive Media
    http://www.visim.com

FYI-

Vice City actually has a multiplayer patch out now. Kinda sucks, but fun to jump on a stunt map with some friends at the same time.

Ultimate Member
    Yeah there are four lines (or somehting small liek that)of multiplayer code existing in the GTa3 engine which the MP mods for both games build on, supposed to be very shoddy in terms of stability though

--Jakk

I'm gonna give it to Call of Duty. Great graphics, a little short for a campain, but all together the multiplayer makes up for it.

after playing Vice city a few times now ( not toally done with ) I now think it is not as novel as when I bought it compared to some of the other games I like much better..

I am not sure just when it came out ( had to be 2003 ) but I am playing Mafia again from the start and this game took ALL the rewards there is in hte market and I think it is just absolutely incredible!

If you were to compare it to a Vice city,for example ..there is no way it doesn't win ..hands down

Those boys at Illusion software are pure genius ( i think they are german )
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

sorry, but I have to give this one to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. It was one of the only games that I've played that actually felt like it was an Online Universe and not just some old Console RPG. KOTOR looks really good for an RPG too. Definately the best game of the year.

im gonna go CoD.
    its fast, slick, and makes your palms sweat with the intense action.
    i so pretty yes i am... pretty pretty dancing

Originally posted by MadPistol
    sorry, but I have to give this one to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. It was one of the only games that I've played that actually felt like it was an Online Universe and not just some old Console RPG. KOTOR looks really good for an RPG too. Definately the best game of the year.
    Yes, I totally agree. Knights of the Old Republic is my pick.

I'd have to say that my favorite game of the year would be Final Fantasy XI.
    -FusionX