Thread: Beyond Good And Evil... Gamecube Or Playstation 2?

Beyond Good And Evil... Gamecube Or Playstation 2?

I played the demo for Beyond Good And Evil for the PC, and I like it, but I'm gunna get it for a console, I have a Playstation 2 and a GameCube, which system should I buy it for, is there any difference at all? Like graphics or sound, or anything different about the 2 in words the game itself?

Bump

Well I'm not sure on the game but usually PS2 versions are better for most games. Unless you want to play 4-player on the Cube (again I'm not sure if the game has that option). I would still go for PS2 eitehr way.

Yep go for PS2, to tell you the truth PS2 has sharper image quality against the gamecube, even if it's the same game

Ya the only reason i considered the Gamecube version is that's a few buck$ cheaper, an so i thought I'd see of there is any difference at all betweent he the one for the PS2 and Gamecube

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by Predator33
    Yep go for PS2, to tell you the truth PS2 has sharper image quality against the gamecube, even if it's the same game
    I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you... I own both consoles and love both of them, as much as I like PS2, its image quality is NOT sharper by any stretch of the imagination.

Back to the question at hand... That is a very difficult decision, I like both of them equally which is why I got both. I wouldn't say one is better than the other because they're both pretty good and better than xbox (my opinion). I'd say it depends on what games you're looking to play. Both consoles have exclusive titles that you can't get on any other system. I'd say check out the games that both have to offer, and get the one that has the games you'll enjoy more.

Originally posted by RamonGTP
    I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you... I own both consoles and love both of them, as much as I like PS2, its image quality is NOT sharper by any stretch of the imagination.
    true, i HAD a ps2 and now a GC

Ultimate Member
    Well I wouldn't say its worse image quality either. Its just that I haven't seen a game that looks bad on gamecube. If you take the best looking game on both consoles, its really a toss up... Thats why I recommend doing your own research on the games available and then decide on which console has more of the games you want, instead of getting the one you think is "more powerfull."

For me, both consoles had games that I did not want to be with out. I personally enjoy the mario series, as well as Zelda, and F-Zero. None of which can be had on any other system. For the PS2, what did it for me was Metal Gear and GranTurismo.

I've played on both the PS2 and GC and the IQ seemed very close (with the PS2 having a slight edge)

PS2 is all around a better system. I also enjoy the controller much more.

Gamecube I like much better. I dunno just something makes me like it better. that's IMO, but BTW it is more fun!

Most reviews always rank the GC versions higher than the PS2 and lower than the Xbox. I'd personally take the GC's ATI engine over the PS2's - brighter and more vivid colors, similar to the way the Dreamcast used to look.

What about Prince Of Persia for the PS2 or GameCube, anyone notice a difference between the game on each system?

I broke down and bought Beyond Good And Evil for the PS2, great game
    The thing that swayed me to the ps2 is the difference people tell me bout Prince of persia for the PS2 and GC, is that for Prince Of Persia to fit on thast Tiny CD they lower the sound and speech quality i lil bt, dunno if that true but it helped make my decision

I highly Recomend Beyond Good And Evil to anyone, and Also Viewtiful Joe is great as well and if you can get yur paws on Zone Of The Enders 2, buy it, it an awesome game 10x better than the first