Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Half Life 2 delayed again?

Half Life 2 delayed again?

I just read where the makers of this new most anticipated game is now delayed until around Sept.2004.

I guess its because of some security leaks ( pirates? ) who got into their game vaults or whatever ect.. ect...

Thats probably a good time anyway because of christmas will be just around the corner and when the nasty weather arrives you can stay inside and play it forever....Ha!
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Have you got a source? This is getting ridiculous really. Sure, hype is good, but if the final release isn't as good as the hype, one or two people are going to be very naffed off with Valve.

If Valve doesn't hurry up about it already, what's going to happen is some competitor is going to take the market by surprise and release an even better game. Now that the Half Life 2 secret is out of the bag . ..what with leaked copies popping up everywhere and stuff. . .some enterprising competitor is going to get their hands on one of those leaked copies and come up with a more innovative and better game before Half Life 2 ever officially hits the shelves. Then Valve is gonna have a real mess on their hands because then nobody is gonna buy their product. Everybody is gonna buy the competitors product instead. Demand for Half Life 2 is probably at its highest RIGHT NOW. . .so much so that people were willing to steal to get it. I think if they know what's best for them, Valve should release it ASAP!
    -Alex

Show me the link baby!
    Just A Curb Side Profit

ah ha! I was right

Originally posted by Bob The Great
    lol forgot he was doing that as well. Hes a friggen insane man, but if Doom3 is delayed. Its delayed and he's doing it for good reason. Lets just hope valve doesn't take advantage of this and push HL2 back more.

hey Bigjakkstaffa, nice *cough*communist*/cough* avatar

So is HL2 that unready that they are pushing it back whenever they can? They just can't have Doom3 come out without them! I'm really starting to worry bout the HL2 project. Carmack pushes back cause hes making a perfection, Newell seems to be pushing back only when doom3 is pushed back so he releases days or weeks before Doom3.

I wish I never heard that half life 2 was coming out until a month before its release. I hate when this kinda stuff happens. I'd rather just be surprised.
    Visionology Interactive Media
    http://www.visim.com

Don't tell me that the developers are planning to delay the game again??

They always like to do that to torture all the die-hard gamers!

Jeez...

Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

oh dear time for another round of valve bashing. boooooring

Originally posted by Baby Arm
    oh dear time for another round of valve bashing. boooooring
    yeah no kidding, i dont even care anymore. valve can suck one.
    far cry and painkiller are supposed to come out soon,
    stalker hasnt been delayed
    and star-ship troopers is coming in summer.
    valve can do all this drama for the next 7 years or however long it takes to hype their new release, they lost a customer. ill get a used copy off ebay or something.
    if either of the big 2 (hl2 and d3) ever actually come out, im definately getting doom first.

**sorry, i did valve bash, but that's all i got to say about it, im done now**
    i so pretty yes i am... pretty pretty dancing

If they've pushed it back to straighten out a few bugs, etc etc, then I'm prepared to wait. I don't want HL2 to end up feeling rushed. After all, it's a big game, and a big release. Wouldn't want to screw this up. However, if this is just another marketing move to keep it level with Doom, then I agree with this :-

Demand for Half Life 2 is probably at its highest RIGHT NOW. . .so much so that people were willing to steal to get it.
    I think people are going to start getting annoyed now. It all depends on their reasons for the delay, ( did we get a link? ) here's hoping it's for the better of the game, and not Valve's already gold-lined pocket.

in a german comuter mag they said EARLIEST Q3 2004 so yes maybe september

As more gameplay trailers of HL2 come out, I'm more eager to get my hands on it.
    Give a man a fish
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

has any one played the beta to half life 2

yeah ...i guess its hard in our world nowadays to keep something under wraps forever as leaks and thieves will eventually get theirs..... somehow.

Maybe a rat in their own company or something.... i suspect...

when ever it comes out..it doesn't really matter as to competiton, in my opinion as the hype has already been generated...and we will all still run out and get it ,,no matter what comes out...

People that make movies use the tactic of when to release something..for best $$$$ , and yes usually not to coincide with competitors products.

Its a doggy dog world of business,and it keeps us all busy with what we are doing now..which is talking about it all the time

personally , i'm not losing any sleep over it.... there are plenty enough of good games on the market....I believe...
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

I thought that's the illegal version??
    Give a man a fish
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever