Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What's New??

May as well wait for the price drop. Little, if any, software to take advantage of 64-bit processing.

Before I post I have to say *cough*m*cough* I have a bad cold right now. *cough* I *cough*

Originally posted by Rabbitrunner51
    kazaa's been discontinued???I was wondering about that.... how come it still works then???

In about five years i will catch up with all the expert techies who know more than I.....so much to learn .....trying to sit through allthe new info and tech revolutions ....while they all leave us behind in the dust....

with about ten thousand dollars i would have the best of everything out there ,and still not know half of what i was dealing with.....
    Kazaa is back up but even Kazaa lite which was the thing for downloading *cough* R *Cough* is filled with spyware and you need to pay or something. But there are plenty of good alternatives *cough* C *cough* like Napster 2.0 which I'm a member of, or Apples iTunes. I prefer napster cause most of my music is listend to at my PC. You pay $9.95 a month and you can download as much music as you want, plus you can stream radio stations, watch a few music videos (not much yet), and it has the largest database around clocking in at 500,000+. You can also just pay $0.99 cents per track to buy (so you can burn them), or $9.99 an album. iTunes is basicly just $0.99 a track $9.99 an album with a slightly smaller database but people seem to be saying they find more of what they want there. I don't aggree but it is a nice player they have!

Edit: Oh yeah thats another thing now instead of illegal junk there is starting to be a plethora of legal ways to get stuff that you want which has certenaly taken long enough! There are movie services, music services, book services, and many more types of things like that.

They make a Kazaa with no spyware as I have had this for awile,but this may be the one which gets axed......it would be a shame as it is still the best shareware program i like....
    You can only get something for free.so long..so I would be disappointed but still grateful for the use of.

it is going to be real interesting as to how the corporate world is going to try and limit freedom of communication.....the internet was originally formed for the free expression of ideas ..ect...an ongoing legal battle for sure!

The government and others want their hands in everyones pocket,and personally I feel if I want to share something of mine with someone.....they have no blooming right to say otherwise.

Fxxxk them all!
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

The guy who was responsible for the wonderful Kazza Lite was threatened by Sharman Networks, who make Kazza Media Desktop.
    To prevent being taken to court he has discontinued working on K-Lite.

In the short term K-Lite will still work fine, but with the next release of Kazza there will probably be no way that K-Lite will be able to successfully link into the kazza system.

Because K-Lite sidesteps the intrusive spy/addware, Sharman Networks don't get paid (like they do with the full Kazza Media Desktop. This was their justification is closing down K-Lite.

Kind of ironic, because they weren't getting paid the shut it down.
    Wasn't that the whole point of Kazza?
    Downloading stuff without having to pay for it?!?!?!

Thanks for the info....very informative......things have a way of turning around and biting us all in the ****....

it will be an ongoing battle..... Whats the difference in having a free program or letting them use one with spyware and ads??, its the typical american beauracy at work in its finest hour.....a dual mindscrew, that really doesn't make any sense....always $$$$ and a slap on the ****.....life goes on and they can get some sleep at night thinking they won some major battle.....

maybe they should let kids rule the world after all.......!@#$%^&*
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

I don't think kids ruling the world would be all that hot.
    I used to wonder why my roof kept leaking even though I'd fixed it many times.
    I came home one day to find my neighbour's kids playing up there.

Now whatever planet you are from, thats NOT acceptible behaviour. I'd rather die than see those little bastards running things.

OK! point taken.....I remember when I was younger all the wierd stuff we used to do... just trying to drive across the point of adult stupidity at times