Thread: It is safe to OC your AIW 9800pro.?????

It is safe to OC your AIW 9800pro.?????

After several months of being a good boy...........I finally got the bug ...............OH Lord Help me!

I would like to know what utility did you use to OC your 9800pro and how far did it go.

I got some references like 420 Core/ 360 Mem, It's this average??

Also I was wondering if OC will have an effect just in 3D , am I risking to F*** Up the rest of the card's funtionality???

Thanks.

Ultimate Member
    You are risking to F*** up your card's functionalty, but not permanently, if your clocks are set too high. It is best to increase the card in five megahertz increments and run one loop of 3dmark2001 or 3dmark03, or any other favorite 3d benchmarking program. I have found that the following program is better at testing the shader units for problems than either of the 3dmark programs:

http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/rthdribl/#Download

Once you find a speed that the card does not artifact, keep running the test for at least six hours to ensure error-free functionality.

Also, testing without any anistropic filtering or antialiasing ensures that every part of the card is maximized and not being held up. It is better for identifying artifacts because of that fact and because AA/AF tend to hide artifacts.

Of course, test with AA/AF enabled as well.

To answer the utility part of the question, I'd go with RadClocker

Great link for all your needs.......Thanks.