Thread: Domain name website security/fraud question

Domain name website security/fraud question

Hello evryone.

I have a website with a lot of traffic im now wondering if its possible for someone to register a domain name and have it pointing to my website?

I believe so but it has to be you that is the authenticated purchaser and you have to have the correct ip address!

Then again not everyone follows the rules and that includes ISP's!
    But traffic is what you want so I dont see the point!
    More traffic means you have more customers?
    Last edited by omendata; 12-15-2003 at 08:31 AM.
    This post has been verified as complete b0ll0cks by Microsoft B0ll0ckfilter v1.2344456567 service pack 1001 (c) 2004

Disclaimer: I apologise in advance if my post is offensive to anyone especially fancyf!

This is actually a big problem since some webcrawler program like Alexa keep statitics on website with traffic rankings, the thing is that It dosen't check the domain name and the actuall IPaddress of the site owner.

So if some one registers a domain name with a subdomain name and point it to my website he will get a lot traffic ranking points that i should have i loose potentiall traffic. This is a form a fraud that hasen't been solved afaik. Sure there are some ways to verify the refrence domain e.g ( Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER") ) but it's possible for a malicious website hijacker to go around this.
    Last edited by hippo; 12-15-2003 at 02:55 PM.