Thread: E-Mail spam Grr!

E-Mail spam Grr!

I'm sick of it!

I own my 'own' email address (as in I pay for the webserver, domain, etc), and not a free hotmail account. Well I've been getting a sharp increase in spam! I was away for two days, and when I checked my email I had 41 emails! 90% of them were spam!

I have a spam filter, but it doesn't pick up all of the spam. A lot of spam still gets through, they use fake email addresses, as well as randomly generated addressed (such as 423k34123lk@aol.com), so I can't even block them. Now I feel lost!

I'm angry at this! I can't just create another mail account, it would be a huge move, I've had my email address for well over 3 years!

This just sucks! Not to mension I've also been getting phone calls to my cellphone!
    [IMG]www.garbercentral.com/vadim/266.jpg[/IMG]

E-mail spam affects EVERY last user of e-mail on the planet. Our company has been evaluating several different enterprise SPAM filtering packages, finally settling on one recently, and it's cut our SPAM by about 80%.

Sounds like you need to get a different/better SPAM filter.

In PC Magazine a few months back, I read a quote:
    “In the end, SPAM may be as unavoidable as death and taxes.”
    Alexandra Robbins, PC Magazine

We're starting to look at a few since the rbl sites have gone down.

The new in thing is Bayessian spam filter sort of artificial intelligence for email - does actually work quite well when configured correctly so Im told!

Which one did you settle on tanman?
    And why?

Cheers

might help in our selection too!

How is it running real-time?
    slowing anything down?
    performance aspects?
    is it secure?
    This post has been verified as complete b0ll0cks by Microsoft B0ll0ckfilter v1.2344456567 service pack 1001 (c) 2004

Disclaimer: I apologise in advance if my post is offensive to anyone especially fancyf!

Ultimate Member
    Mailwasher is a good freeware solution, though not as automated as i personally would like.

SAProxy is an excellent filtering tool though it will do nothing to reduce your spam intake (just move the **** automatically out of your inbox), highly automated and easy to use, only thing is, it aint free no more

--Jakk

Downloaded and tryin it now cheers Jakk

Im actually looking for one that works with groupwise or Exchange5.5

Server based

Any ideas folks?
    This post has been verified as complete b0ll0cks by Microsoft B0ll0ckfilter v1.2344456567 service pack 1001 (c) 2004

Disclaimer: I apologise in advance if my post is offensive to anyone especially fancyf!