Thread: Norton Ghost question

Norton Ghost question

I backed p drive C to a file and put it on a different partition. Is there a way that I can burn this file Norton Ghost created on a cd so I can restore my computer from it? I know you can backup a drive directly to cds but I didn't do that but now I changed my mind, and I can't backup the computer again because it is not how I want it to be.

Open your image with Ghost Explorer. Click View > Options and set yout span size to be a little less than the size of your CD blanks.

Now click File > Compile and save where you like. Burn those in order to your blanks.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Be sure to run an integrity test on the image. In your situation you might want to test it before and after you split it.

"I can't backup the computer again because it is not how I want it to be."

That's what the image is for, sounds like it's time to restore it.

In come the handiness of DVD+/-RW drives. The ability to store large files (like your Ghost image) without CD spanning. If you happen to have something like that available, that's where I'd start. Otherwise, BPB's suggestion is your only option.

Also, for future reference, the last Ghost image I was successfully able to fit onto one CDR was Win98 with Office2000. And it was a tight fit.