Thread: Just put in my order for a 9800 Pro :)

Ultimate Member

Just put in my order for a 9800 Pro :)

When I saw that bestbuy.com had the 9800 Pro on sale for 299.99 with free shipping I decided it would be a nice early xmas gift. Nice thing about it is that if the price drops lower within the next month, I can go to my local best buy and get the difference back I really wanted to get the XT, but at $200 more, I had to decide against it. My Ti4400 has severed me exteremely well, and i'll be sad to see it go. Its going to go to a good home though. My best friend has been wanting me to build him a computer but hasn't been able to come up with the $$$, so i'm going to donate it to him.

I'm not giving up on my Ti4400 yet. It has plenty of life left in it.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Between the XT and the it's not worth the extra 200 Bucks.

You'll love the card, I know I love mine, but mine's the ALL IN WONDER 9800 Pro

Ultimate Member
    Yeah, I know mine has plenty of life left in it as well... I even told myself I wouldn't upgrade the video card until the NEXT generation comes out... But I've got no will power it seems and I have succumbed to the evil voice that i've been hearing. My original plan was to keep this rig (2500+@3200+ 1GB Ti4400) the way it was, and in a year or so build a whole new rig with whatever happens to be the latest and greatest. Oh well, plans change.

I actually thought about the AIW, but I've already got a seperate tuner card and video capture card already so I decided against it. Although it would have been a blast to have that RF remote and mess with people by moving the mouse around when they're using my PC
    Last edited by RamonGTP; 11-24-2003 at 08:17 PM.

I just ordered the 9800XT and I hope it is an improvement over my 7200.
    I also saw the 9800pro at best buy and almost ordered it but I figured I'll just spend the extra cash for the better one.

You can run the 9800Pro at 9800XT clock speeds though. So spending the extra $200 isn't worth it.

i'm keeping my $20 440MX until the next gen. games up to dx9 play good enough.

enjoy your 9800p.
    Last edited by iceblue; 11-30-2003 at 04:47 PM.