Thread: Mandrake 9.0 and Nforce drivers

Ultimate Member

Mandrake 9.0 and Nforce drivers

Ive finally decided to do this Linux thing properly, however im havign a bit of chew installing the Nforce unified drivers from Nvidia. I have somehow managed to get the NIC driver going and can get on the net, but the sound driver is proving a real problem. Ive tried double clicking on the archive file ive downloaded which gives an 'already installed' message and tried to install the package via 'kpacker' (i think its called) in which the package installs fine but then does nothing else. In the Mandrake control centre i have tried running the Hardware config tool for souncard but it just doesnt seem to do anything.

As you can probably im not in linux ATM, but i will be later on and hope to post more specifics then, however if you can cast any light on this i would be greatful.

Cheers

--Jakk

Mandrake

I was running mandrake 9.0 but doesnt support a lot of hardware. I now am running mandrake 9.2 which supports more hardware. I installed and it detected all my hardware and setting up hardware thats not supported is easier. My hardware is nivida video, smc network card, via ac97 onboard sound. but if you want to keep 9.0 and if 9.2 is the same go into configure you dest top, then information, then sound and see if it set up correctly, in mandrake control center ther should have tools to help detect and setup the card. if it say that your package is installed then it put it in at setup.

Middle Age Member
    I believe the nforce drivers are actually included in the Drake 9.2 PowerPack release
    Last edited by CMonster; 11-30-2003 at 12:29 AM.

Ultimate Member
    Thats the thing, the auto-detect tool doesnt do anything, it renames soem file or something and the just sits and does nothing. More info on it when i actually get back into mandrake

--Jakk