Thread: Case and other component recommendations?

Case and other component recommendations?

I'm putting together a system and I need a case and power supply. It's gonna be a 3.0 P4 on an intel D865GBFL. Any recommendations on a good case and power supply? Any favorite brands?

And I'd like to hear people's suggestion on power output also. I plan to run pretty standard stuff. Two 7200RPM drives (prolly raid 0), two optical, AGP card....the usual.

Im having the hardest time finding a case though, because I don't know the quality of any particular brand, especially for the power supply.

Also, I decided to go with Kingston for memory. Is it overkill to go for the CL2 modules timed at 2-2-2-6-1 ? I found em for $234 (2x512mb).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Antec Sonata case has proven to be great for me, and it comes with a fantastic Antec 380w TruePower PSU

But let me say that for alot cheaper you can have a P4 2.6Ghz and I have mine overclocked to 3.133Ghz without breaking a sweat. Also go with an Abit IS7 or ASUS P4P800 instead of an Intel baord
    P4 3.0Ghz
    512 DDR
    80 Gig
    GeFource Fx 5900
    Audigy 2 Platinum
    Creative 6.1 6600

Whats not to love

True, but I got the CPU and mobo for a total of $200 through Intel's RetailEdge program. Go Intel.