Thread: Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 Problems...

Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 Problems...

Hey,

I just bought a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 Socket A Motherboard. I have a AMD XP 2000+ and the motherboard is detecting this as a AMD 1250 Mhz The jumpers are set at default and in the BIOS it says the FSB is 133 Mhz. How can I set it to 1.67 Ghz?

Also how can I enable S.M.A.R.T capability on my hard drives?

Thanks,

Alex.

With that particular series of boards you also have to set the core multiplier for that FSB. Check the upper right side of the board and you should see a set of jumpers with double digit numbers. The core multipler of the 2000+ should be 12.5, but if you have a good HSF, there's no reason you can't set it to 13 or 14 and get a nice core multi o/c...unless you don't want to OC.

-TP

Ok, the FSB thingy is fixed now and now it is XP2000+.
    I still don't know how to enable SMART for the HDD.

I updated my BIOS to the latest one. My CPU temp currently is at 62C Idle... I dunno why it is soooo hot??? I have a copper heatsink with a 5000 rpm fan and before on my old motherboard it was like at 52C-55C Idle...
    Any ideas why it has gotten to 62C?

Alex.

Update: The CPU has reached 69C @ IDLE
    Now it stays around 63-69C and it is still at Idle!

I am using the program provided by Gigabyte called Easy Tune 4.

Help me anyone?

make sure your heatsink is on properly, and did you use any thermal paste? if so make sure to apply it properly.

as well to enable SMART, in your bios hold shift and press F1 it should blink you should get more options. if its not shift it may be control, even alt. i cant remember :\ gl though

Originally posted by TiGgErDbC
    make sure your heatsink is on properly, and did you use any thermal paste? if so make sure to apply it properly.

as well to enable SMART, in your bios hold shift and press F1 it should blink you should get more options. if its not shift it may be control, even alt. i cant remember :\ gl though
    Thermal Paste is applied properly and the heatsink is fine. I did this two times and still the same temps. Maybe this is the CPU Core temp or that temp that i remember reading about in some motherboards that was like 10C more than what the CPU was at.
    Or could it be that the fan is now blowing up and down airflow instead of sideways airflow like in my previous motherboard?

Thanks that worked and SMART is enabled now.
    I also found this weird CPU Throttling option and that was set on to 50%. What does this do??? I just disabled it just then The temps seem to be the same with it disabled

Alex

I installed my watercooling on and now it gets like idle about around 47-54C which is good and the same as my old motherboard. I'm thinking that it was that Gigabyte rotated (90 degrees) the 3 clip on socket for the heatsink which made the airflow worst.

EDIT: Now it is 57C IDLE...
    Last edited by Alex Iannuzzi; 11-25-2003 at 10:59 PM.