Thread: explanation

explanation

This is a post I wrote on fileforums.com, in "Sticky: Protection ID if you care to visit the site and view the thread.
    v4.0" after the huge fiasco created by my question in an earlier post. "CD Killers" is the author of the program in question.

Zurke

Hi All
    I found this site because I was searching for the developer of Protection ID.

I downloaded it as freeware.

When I used an unRAR to open it the "cracktro.exe, notes.txt and install.reg file were extracted.
    But when I try to access the Protection ID.exe I get prompt for a password.

I was under the assumption this was a freeware. Is there a cost to this program that would then give me a password?
    Or am I missing something?

The program sounds great and I am impressed with the knowledge of the owner and the threads I have read on this post.

Hope to hear from someone.

The reply:

Eagle
    Operation Flashpoint rulz

a password? not that I know.

re-download it from my mirror (eagleeye). I _definatively_ have no password.
    And please make sure you have the latest version of WinRAR!. Check www.rarlabs.com for that.

NO SERIALS/CD KEYS/WAREZ

I am sorry to drag this out but, I wont be misinterpreted by certain people that evidently dont care about truths. I hope this explains what I was looking for and the over indulgence of certain members of this forum.

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Stop pushing our buttons and just go away in peace!