Thread: hehe

I disappointed

There was a thread that was just locked because I asked a question on a particular sharware software which enabled users to check protection on their purchased software.

I am very disapointed in the response. I live in the USA, where we have a "right" to copy what is ours. What is purchased can and is reproduced legally by the purchaser.

What was in that thread had nothing to do with doing anything illegal. It would be nice if others new their rights and obligations.

You may well live in the US where your right is to copy as you wish (I don't think) ...but if you care to look at my location you will note that I do not live in the "US" as many others here also "DO NOT", you need to get your head around the fact that this is an International forum NOT exclusively American! Read the site FAQ's, use the Private Messaging facility you have been freely provided with and stop b*tching!

Strawbs

8. Special Admonitions for International Use.

Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules including, without limitation, rules about the Internet, data, e-mail, or privacy. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.

Well I find it unfortunite that you live in a society that it is unlawfull to back up what you have paid for.

In connection with your use of the Site, you agree you will not:

c) Post or transmit any Material that you do not have a right to reproduce, display or transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements);

I guess it was my mistake in guessing that you lived in a free society.
    I opologize for my misunderstanding and wish you the best of luck under your suppression.

And we really do have every right to copy what we pay for here in the US.

You were so determined to make your point, that you missed mine entirely.
    ... use the Private Messaging facility you have been freely provided with ...
    There is no need to make a scene and risk a ban ...if you know how to circumvent!

wish you the best of luck under your suppression
    and the word you're looking for is "Oppression"

Thanks Strawbs

I did not miss your point at all.

The fact is I did not know that the question was illegal in the UK.
    Why would I want to break your laws.

I do not wish to make a scene I was just very suprised at the reaction to my question.

In any case I found the author of the program on fileforums.com (must be in the US).
    I wont bother this forum with that illegal question again.

oh, and by the way:

Suppression: 1.To put an end to by or as if by authority: quell
    2.To hold back or restrain. 3.To withhold from disclosure or publication. 4.To keep a thought, memory, etc.) out of conscious awareness.

Thanks but I know what I am trying to say, we do go to school here.

we do go to school here.
    Having gone to school and being educated are TOTALLY different things.

BTW, "oppression" does fit more closely to your meaning. Suppress usually implies keeping someone quiet, on the down-low, or from being expressed. Oppress usually implies governance or abuse of power with rules/regulations.
    Last edited by tantone; 11-21-2003 at 05:06 PM.

Hey Bonehead!

I viewed your original post, the reply from Doc and the response from Sterling!

You appeared to be soliciting for a hack, crack or some other means of illegally using software that you had not paid for (hereafter known as a "crack"), If the software was meant to have a password supplied with it ...why didn't you contact the maker directly? your attempt to covertly defraud a company of Their right to earn a living from their programming skills is there for all to see. If you want the password for the shareware product you downloaded, I would suggest that you pay for it. You are dissappointed because you didn't get the answer you were looking for! which was a "Here's How ..." guide! Please don't now try to behave like an upstanding US citizen!

Publishing what is effectively a "crack" or a web address where said "crack" can be obtained, on a public forum, would not be legally healthy for this sites owners. To make matters worse; instead of privately contacting Doc for more infomation on how to beat the password, you scream, shout and stamp your feet about "your rights" and try to procure others to follow your lead, you dummy! You should be banned for "... gross stupidity"!

Furthermore ...if you truly believe that you live in a "Free" society, then you are more naive than my 10 yr old son! You have obviously fallen hook, line and sinker for the trollop politicians spew out on a daily basis in the hope of catching gullible idiots such as you! The truth is; you have no more rights than the man living behind bars. If you don't believe that, just try to leave your "Free" world without any ID and see how far you get!

First get yourself a real education and then come and talk with the Grown ups about "Freedom" and "Rights".

The next thing you'll be asking is how to "backup" your friends copy of WinXP!
    Last edited by Strawbs; 11-21-2003 at 05:27 PM.

hehe

I think your the one who is upset.

First of all I asked if anyone had any info on why it would have a password. It was freeware why would I have to pay for it? And if that was the answer I had gotten then I would have gladly forgotten the matter.

I see the post has been conveniently removed.

"You are dissappointed because you didn't get the answer you were looking for! which was a "Here's How ..." guide!"

I was unable to reply to the answer I recieved so keep your assumptions to yourself.

"To make matters worse; instead of privately contacting Doc for more infomation on how to beat the password, you scream, shout and stamp your feet about "your rights" and try to procure others to follow your lead, you dummy! You should be banned for "... gross stupidity"!"

I would not want to "beat the password". I wanted reasons why there would be a passord on freeware. I would not PM anyone to get info on defrauding anybody. I clearly did not "stamp my feet" on anything. You are obviously the one who has a problem dealing with others. Anger management might due you some good.

"Furthermore ...if you truly believe that you live in a "Free" society, then you are more naive than my 10 yr old son! You have obviously fallen hook, line and sinker for the trollop politicians spew out on a daily basis in the hope of catching gullible idiots such as you! The truth is; you have no more rights than the man living behind bars. If you don't believe that, just try to leave your "Free" world without any ID!"

You no doubt have issues with your government that I dont care to extract from you.

"The next thing you'll be asking is how to "backup" your friends copy of WinXP! "

I would not want that garbage on mt PC.

And you felt it was necessary to start another thread...why?

#1: This ranting **** that is NOT technical at all in nature belongs in the open forum, not here.

#2: In fact ignore #1. It belongs in a private message so that your intended target is the only one who has to read this trash. Another valid reason would be so that you don't claim you went to school then make us doubt it with your spelling.

Ultimate Member
    You say you went to school, no kidding, this is the sort of moaning that one usually associates with schoolkids.

You ask any question around here pertaining to piracy or anything even remotley linked to piracy you are breaking the agreement you signed up to following reading the AUP at registration

http://www.internet.com/corporate/privacy/aup.html

Specifically:

# You will not post any copyrighted material, nor link to any copyrighted material (with the exception of publicly available sites and pages that the legal owners of the copyrights have created to make that material freely available to the general public), unless that copyright is owned by you or by these Forums.

# You will not use these Forums for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems.
    You may well be backing up fpr your own purposes, but Sysopt doesnt know this for sure and if others were to go on and use information divulged at this site on such issues for illegal purposes, Sysopt coudld be held legally responsible for circulating such information.

This isnt a democracy, we are the gatekeepers here, you follow our laws and regulations or you simply choose not to stay here, as long as you abide by the few rules we do have though, your stay will be a welcome one. As it is your questioning of our authority and regulations as well as your bemoaning of a member who tried to explain the situation to you, is not helping your cause any.

Closed

--Jakk
    Last edited by Bigjakkstaffa; 11-21-2003 at 06:10 PM.

Hear, hear!

This is not the U.S. This is not the UK or even the UKraine. This is SysOpt. Abide by our rules or leave. Simple.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Or you will be forced to leave.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one!"
    Last edited by Sterling_Aug; 11-21-2003 at 07:40 PM.