Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Those Freaks!!!!!

Those Freaks!!!!!

OK, you can tell by my subject line that I'm angry right? At Who?

HP!

That's Right! Hewlett-Packard Computer Corporation!! May they perish!

Why?

Today, I just looked at my Clear CMOS jumper and it had a jumper nub on it!! It's been sitting there for three years!!! Why do you think they put it there? I know exactly why!! They're lasy. Yes there are idiots that screw up their own machine trying to be cool computer geek when they wouldn't have bought an HP in the first place if they were. But I'm not one of them!!!

This is the kind of thing that makes people wonder whats the matter with their machine and then suddenly they find that NOTHING was wrong! HP was wrong!

There is NOTHING god about HP. I've had an open mind for 5 years. I have bought three of them so I know! My dad bought them not me. I was going to buy Dell, but Sam's Club stocks HP. I've learned to hate Wal-Mart and Sams Club chains too but thats a completely different story.

Here's a list of what else is wrong:

1. Inferior Hardware. HP loads their computers with so much software that people think it has to be great at such a price. HP skips on Hardware and builds the cheapest systems in the world. I've heard storys of people that couldn't read DVDs with insugnificant scratches or dust particles on them. Personally, I had a burner that wouldn't hold a buffer, and wrote weak disks. When you could get it to burn... My HDD had bad sectors within weeks after perchase. Old Hardware too. Anything that HP can sell off as good.

2. Nothing to their PSUs. Mine was 185 watts and it couldn't even support their own system with stability.

3. Software thrown into a pile. The software is installed with the OS by defalt. Bugs are commonplace. Boot time suffers as a result. They include at least a hundred Programs that you'll never use.

4. ALL DIMM sockets are full. On every system; HP gratifys themselves by makeing sure that any Upgrades on RAM also means Loss of RAM. Not that it matters that much, you're only getting rid of plastic sticks that claim to hold Memory, but do a poor job in doing so.

5. frontal USB ports are not "easily accessable" at all!! They are all the way at the bottom of the Case and underneith a partion that prevents users from pluging in ant USB devices without putting their face flat against the floor. I exagerate not. Even when you have it up on a table you must crouch to get to see what your pluging into.

6. Inferior Data Storage.

7. Poor Speakers. Sound like a hord of ants are outside. OR they just sound poor period.

8. Pathetic monitors. Support low pixel and refresh rates. and Flat Screens are extreamly blury.

9. Nowa days, HP computers come without restore disks. They have a "handy" partition on you HDD that is locked and inacessable. OH JOY!!! I guess advanced user stuff is out?

10. Thermal Grease is just glopped on. Not evenly spread or thinly applied. I decresed my system temps by removing some grease.

11. Heatsinks are as useful as a fat guy blowing on your processor.

12. Never has there been an HP with a satisfactory V-Card. Find one with a card that's not a year old and I'll give you a metal.

13. Or sound card.

14. Or Modem

15. Or LAN connector. If you can get them to work, they're terrible at data transfer!!

16. Jumper nubs on your Clear CMOS jumper!!!!

17. Inferior Technical Support. Believe me, I know. NO I DID NOT GET A BAD DAY. I contacted them about three different problems (all of them requesting information) over one year. And never once did they answer my question or address the real situation. Heres how it goes:

>>Where would I put the HDD LED connector?

>>Right there. (Circles the black connector box on the Mobo)

>>Goodbye (HP technical Support -- Neo)

>>Hey, is your name really Neo??

>>Yes it is.

Shoot, you can get info out of them. My bad.

HP consistantly shows that they know [b]nothing about their own systems[/i]

Well that felt good. Piece of advise: DON'T BUY HP PRODUCTS.

I just had to get that out.

PS. Their Laptops don't come with floppy drives. !!!!!!!!!!!!

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    You don't like HP then ?

Dell might hire you for a spokesman
    Improvise - Adapt - Overcome
    SafeSearch is off

DAG NAB IT!! I was about to post how my less than 2 yrs old HP laptop's HDD died last night taking with it all of my wife's school work and work projects (graphic design) .. Data was irretreavable. On the positive side, our laptop (Pavilion N5495) did come with a floppy drive!!

Thanks MM9004, you've saved me quite a bit of typing!

"Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?" - C. Stoll

Looks like HP's been taking lessons from Compaq now they bought them ( did a bit of tech support for compaq a few years ago, what a P.O.S. )

All Hail Carly whats-her-name.. she's bringing down TWO computer companies with one stroke!!

"Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?" - C. Stoll

Ultimate Member
    Time computers are just as bad, if not worse.
    My comp had a sheet in it, saying what tests it had passed and failed.
    Failed the stability test, failed the final inspection, and something else... cant remeber now

http://www.timecomputers.com/
    Do not buy from them
    They are a scam
    They are not legimate

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by FrnchDp
    DAG NAB IT!! I was about to post how my less than 2 yrs old HP laptop's HDD died last night taking with it all of my wife's school work and work projects (graphic design) .. Data was irretreavable. On the positive side, our laptop (Pavilion N5495) did come with a floppy drive!!

Thanks MM9004, you've saved me quite a bit of typing!

If possible, backup. I couldnt backup my time comp. The drives were glued in, and they had used a bulky hard drive holder that took up the whole possible space, and only allowed one drive. And something went wrong with all the drivers and motherboard control. In the end, only floppy would work.

I eventually managed to get it to burn a cuple coasters that could only be read in samsung drives - and they took about 3 mins to access. It had apparently not closed the CD properly, and it had left the TOC in a method that only samsung burners can understand.

I got them read using Smart Projects ISObuster - Good program

You really shouldn't hold it all in. Tell us how you really feel.lol
    P4 2.4c, 293 FSB , 1gig Mushkin lvl2 pc 3500, 5:4, 2-3-2-6.

What the heck is a jumper nub? Are you talking about a jumper with a rubber tab you can easily pinch with you finger and thumb too change the jumper setting? Greatest invention since the dip switch.

As long as your bumper sticker didn't read "Honk if you love HP"
    P4 2.4c, 293 FSB , 1gig Mushkin lvl2 pc 3500, 5:4, 2-3-2-6.

I'm in a complete state of confusion NUBS ??? Lucy, splain "NUBS"

yeah, a jumper nub (that's just what I call it). You can jump two things together. You can place one on the power switch if you build an always-on super computer.

LoL!!
    As long as your bumper sticker didn't read "Honk if you love HP"
    My bumber sticker reads: I'll RAM you if you lov HP.

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by Mm9004
    LoL!! My bumber sticker reads: I'll RAM you if you lov HP.
    It is safe to have a "Ram me if you love HP" sticker