Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RPG Recommendations

Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic. One of the best plots and just plain old good rpgs I have layed in a long time. I highly recommend it but beware, the system requirements are way up there. But overall, one of the best mixes of gameplay, plot, and music. Highly recommended

What is a RPG?

At this point, i think we must give a definition for RPG. i, quite unmodestly, think of me as a xperienced RPD player, cause i play from the age of 6, about (i'm 19). So my definition is: A game in which you play a full-immersion into someone else, generally someone that is impossible to be. The most important thing is the total freedom: you can do everything your character is able to, and this is already a limit for the computer games. So the better PC RPG is the one that offers more liberty in choices and things to do, and first of all in the customization of you char. Other points are, often, the presence of a group of characters: the better for a PC RPG is the creation of only a character( to keep the immersion in the char high) and CPU controlled mates. 3° point, the xperience, extremely exalting thing, for it represents the prize for your good play and the growth of your char (together with yours). 4° point, the storyline: even the better player with the better roleplaying system, can't be amused, if the "Dungeon Master",the "NArrator" sucks! In a PC game this represets the ability of the story-creator to invent something credible and enjoyable and his skill in setting the consequences for each action.
    The game that represents mostly all of this is Fallout, I think.

Wrong forum... c.c *sigh* Such is life.

Anachronox is a great game

Final Fantasy X, X-2, XI

I would recommend the Zelda series. Those games kick.

Zelda series, FF series, and mario series.

None of the console RPGs can hold a candle to Fallout.

In fact I finally had to give in and start playing it again after reading this thread.
    "Dude you're getting a Dell." Obscure curse from the early 21st Century, ascribed to a minor demon-spirit known as "Stephen?" [sp].

for a variety, ffXI has a huge amount of crafts as well as jobs....you can fish...been playing a month now, and i havent even scrached the surface...give it a try
    my first build...ecs k7s5a...amd 1600 xp processor...512 mb pc2100 ddr ram...maxtor 30 gb 7200 hdd...msi g4 ti 4200 128 mb video card...game surround muse xl sound card...pioneer #116 dvd rom...pacific digital cd-rw... windows xp home

All the FF games I've tried bored my backside off.
    "Dude you're getting a Dell." Obscure curse from the early 21st Century, ascribed to a minor demon-spirit known as "Stephen?" [sp].

Zelda is also very good!

heres a few

Neverwinter is good and so is Dungeon Siege. If you like Icewind Dale you will like both and they have better graphics.

Like several others here, I am also a big fan of the Baldur's Gate and Fallout series.

However, my pick for best RPG is from the MMORPG category: Star Wars Galaxies. I've been playing that since release (around the end of July) and am still having tons of fun with it. It's far from flawless, but the fun factor is high ... for me. Your mileage may vary. Hardware requirements are high but worth it.