Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Halo or Call of Duty???

Call Of Duty.
    Bought these games. I stopped playing HALO after the second "stage" or mission. COD IMHO is in the same level or even better than MOHAA.

Originally posted by rsfnatik
    I'm with you teddy... Halo MP rocks! I don't play much Slayer tho - CTF is what I love.
    I just think CTF is awsome in Halo, I also quite enjoy the race mode which I think is just good fun.

Halo sucks!
    I mean the graphics are quite nice, but it creates no athmosphere
    CoD is much better, you get the right battle feeling, believe it.

I still find it hard to organize teammates in CoD MP and, in my opinion, this hurts gameplay. Everyone likes to run around like they're still playing an SP shoot-em-up. There's no teamwork.

While I still encounter morons in Halo from time to time, I find that overall those playing CTF are more willing/able to play as a team... afterall, isn't this the point of the MP modes?

Just my opinion, I recommend both as they're great games.

I would say the single player versions of Halo and CoD are pretty much equal. CoD does a better job of capturing the feel of WWII battle, probably, but Halo is not about WWII. If I were to choose one over the other, definately Halo - Halo multiplayer is worlds better than CoD. That minutes of observer **** when joing or dying in CoD is quite a waste of time, and annoying. Plus, you can drive things in Halo, very little of that in CoD, and nothing I have seen in multiplayer(gotta be tanks somewhere, butI no seen any in multiplayer).

Oh, and CoD is way, way better than MOHAA. MOHAA is like an earlier, cheaper, less frills version of CoD.

Originally posted by Picard
    ... That minutes of observer **** when joing or dying in CoD is quite a waste of time, and annoying....
    I think you're thinking of BF1942, which has a spawn delay..

If you play Team Deathmatch or even regular Deathmatch on CoD MP, you respawn immediately, or are given the option to respawn whenever you feel (depends on the server!) Some servers also have the KillCam enabled, which is kinda fun to know who popped you!!

I havent played Halo, so I'm not comparing, but I do enjoy CoD MP a great deal, and I find that sometimes you can find ppl on a server who know how to play and use teamwork quite well...

"Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?" - C. Stoll

Originally posted by FrnchDp
    I think you're thinking of BF1942, which has a spawn delay..

If you play Team Deathmatch or even regular Deathmatch on CoD MP, you respawn immediately, or are given the option to respawn whenever you feel (depends on the server!) Some servers also have the KillCam enabled, which is kinda fun to know who popped you!!

I havent played Halo, so I'm not comparing, but I do enjoy CoD MP a great deal, and I find that sometimes you can find ppl on a server who know how to play and use teamwork quite well...

Given that I have never played BF1942, I don't think so. I was definately referring to CoD.

I had the same thing happen during the MP "Behind Enemy Lines" mode. You get shot and you have to wait out the game... personally the MP mode of CoD just doesn't cut it for me. Halo rocks for MP CTF... CoD kicks a** for SP action.

Which mode of CoD MP are you guys playing?? I've been playing CoD MP Team Deathmatch for well over a month, and I've never had any delay in respawning either at the start of the round, or after dying..

Most servers I've played on either respawn you automatically within a few seconds of death, or you have the option of pushing "F" to respawn at your leisure. Maybe the Search and Destroy mode is different?!?

But like I said, I haven't played Halo, and I've heard too many ppl put it down that I'm not that interested in it anyways (maybe once the price drops!)

"Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?" - C. Stoll

I'm not much of a DM kind of guy, I prefer co-operative MP modes. I tried "Behind Enemy Lines" and "Search and Destory". When you get shot, you're dead - no respawning (this may be an option that can be set on the server tho, didn't check).

I'm lucky enough to have a local store that rents PC games, in addition to console games. It's really quite handy, especially when games these days have $50-$70CDN price tags.

I still suggest you try out Halo at some point, maybe you can get a cheap (sealed) copy off eBay. Personally, I love the feeling of racing back to the base in Blood Gulch with the enemy flag in hand hoping you don't get run over by a Warthog or picked off by a sniper. That's when it helps to have teammates who know what they're doing and actually defend the flag holder...

Call of Duty is too fast-paced! The storyline is too short and the campaigns are too little.

I finished the game within four hours. I was amazed and shocked. I think I rather play Halo instead as I need a week to finish the Heroic mode and two weeks to finish the Legendary mode.
    Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

Originally posted by cbh
    Call of Duty is too fast-paced! The storyline is too short and the campaigns are too little.
    play it on the hardest settings and it will last longer.. but compared to halo... i think its better. but i prefer the more realistic games like this, desert storm, ghost recon, vietnam (at times) but halo is fun too.. and multiplayer is great

id say.. save your money
    and download both for free!

Originally posted by abda53
    id say.. save your money
    and download both for free!
    Just as a word of advice, that kind of thing generally doesn't go down too well here.

You've got to admit tho, the price of these games is a little on the ridiculous side. That being said, I rent my games. Once I beat a game i'm not once to play it again... unless it's something Halo MP. That's where eBay comes in... nice and cheap(er).

COD looks so fun!!! Don't get Halo, because it is not as fun and challenining!