Thread: can 2 monitors damage each other?

can 2 monitors damage each other?

Hi there!

I have a two monitor setup, where the 2 monitors stand right next to each other. These are different monitors running different frequencies. Whenever I turn on the monitor, while the other monitor is on, it reflects on the working monitor with short shake and colour dissortion, like a degauss, but only on the side that is next to the other monitor. Well... you all probably know what I'm talking about anyway.

My question is, does this in any way damage the monitors, in short/long run?

Thanks!

maybe..... if you notice something unusual when those monitor re close to each other.

Whats affecting your monitor is when the other one is starting there is a huge magnetic field produced which will affect the monitor next to it. I have three monitors next to each other and notice this too. I keep them at least 6 inches apart and the affect drops off with distance (obviously). The whole point of the degauss button is to remove magnetic affects that may distort the picture. Long term damage I've not saw any and they've been sitting together for over a year. All thats happening is the electron guns in one monitor is being affected by the magnetic field which is why the colours distort and the screen shakes. Keep an eye on the side of the monitor when it's running. If it apear to be shaking when it's been on for a while then degauss it.

T

most new monitors however degauze themselves on startup every time you turn them on.

Ultimate Member
    It is exactly that degaussing procedure that makes the other monitor wobble. No harm done - whenever that other monitor is degaussing itself, it exposes its own tube to the exact same kind of magnetic field.

(kidding)there's a simple yet expensive solution to this:

buy two LCD screens