Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FX5200 - should I get PNY or MSI?

Gone
    "Ti4200 128mb "

Thats yer fault not theirs. Uh then 64mb was standard. If you got 128mb it was more for a few $ extra but slower. Just like today. 128mb cards vs 256mb. You got suckered admitt it. Dont blaim them. I have a VisionTek G3 original (64mb) and it has **** fast mem on it for a G3! Plus VisionTek still supports their G3's even though they are now ATI. How many co's do that! And for that long. VisionTek is good co. Far better than PNY. THey like to die early and run hot! I have had to deal with friends pc's in past that has PNY ****. Circuit city and staples carry them and they are cheap. Thats why popular around here. I HATE PNY. Wont buy any card with that name. I hav boughten their mem which was good. But it had samsung chips on it and mem layout is much simpler than video cards. The manage to stick the mem chips on just fine. Other than that PNY is crapolla

Who all here has had an MSI Video card In the FX? me? I haven’t, there for I cant really say its better then PNY, have I had a PNY yes I have, and did I ever have problems with it overclocking or not, never, always ran nice and smooth for me, I was able to over clock my PNY to the max without problems, with the "right" cooling, MSI ummm I don’t think I would buy one, I have heard stories about MSI also, I here everyone dissing slamming PNY probably with good reason but im sure if you search the net you will find stories on both these cards, good and bad, PNY and MSI are known for bad/memory and bad cards, I have had PNY Memory in the past but I honestly have had know trouble with it. but as I said that’s me, IMO I would go with PNY, because I know them and im sure a few of you guys have some good/bad things to say about both parties, but me, I have all good to say about them I never had problems, therefore I recommend this card, and im a Big time gamer I have 3 computers with PNY cards all overclocked and running fine.

ok everybody here seems to be missing the point! the person either wants a PNY or MSI FX5200 not a visiontek!not a ti4200! not anything ATI! if you have not had a 5200 then how do you know it stinks! what are you basing you opinions on?past experiences? if you do not have the card then you have no opinion!

Just a thought, but for a little more money, you can get an ATI radeon 9600p. you said like a $115 price range, and the prices of the 9600 radeon is going down. It'd only be like $30 more and IMHO worth it.