Thread: Strange new drive

Strange new drive

Had to access info from "my computer" yesterday and all of a sudden there was a new drive listed!
    C, D (wich I have no idea were it came from) and then E which showed as CD drive.
    The only thing I can think it might be is the "new" HP Photo printer. As today when I booted I received mesg. "lost connection with printer" and when I looked in "my computer" the drive was GONE!
    Is this normal with HP Photo printers? I didn't see anything about this in the manual. Didn't reconect printer yet either to see ifit shows again.

Is your printer one of the ones that can print directly from the camera media?? You know, without using the computer? If so, it's memory reader may show up as a drive unit in windows. I know that when I connect my digital cam it shows up as a removable drive in my computer.

Exactlly what it's doing, shows a removeable drive. Now I'll have to remember this that the CD drive changes letters when the printer is connected.

Glad I could help

You could always bump it down a couple of letters, that way it won't change when you plug in your printer...

http://de.usa.edu/HowTo/How2ChangeCDROMLetter.html

Tor

Great, I've noticed that when I disconnect from printer CD changes back to D.