Thread: Baffled with copy created with CDClone!

Baffled with copy created with CDClone!

Hi, peeps.

Question: When I created a back-up copy of a game using CDClone, the copy works fine in the computer (desktop) that I used to burn it, but why won't it work in my laptop? The original game works in both.
    Does the program of CDClone have to be installed on the laptop to read the disk? I don't know, I just thought it was a 1:1 copy!

Thanks in advance.

Starman

Your laptop CD drive may not be able to read CDR disks or you may have used a CDRW disk by mistake.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Thanks Bill.
    The laptop Cd drive reads other games disks and the disks I use are not cdrw. The other games are copied on the same type of disks and work on the laptop ok.

Still baffled!!!

Starman

This sounds like copy protection doing its job. CloneCD, not cdclone, is the only software I know that can do bit for bit copies of copy protected cds.

Gone
    Test it for Copy protection. Use clonecd but make image file only.....ain't this in the "grey" area of legal though. Looks over shoulder
    Last edited by rmanet; 11-16-2003 at 12:57 PM.

sure is so let's stop going there please - sorry Gamer, but a partial edit is in order

in short, it's common for copies burned with clonecd to work only in the system used to burn the copy, and it's hit and miss if you try the copy in other systems

other media?

Hey...would ya credit it?
    I reloaded the game with original disk, and the thing works on the laptop.
    Problem now is the cd reader crashes the system on the desktop when using the copy, after about half an hours use. It could be the cheap media I have been using, but I don't know what the best (cheaper end) media is, for good writing?
    I did notice that some of my music cd's on the same media, don't read some tracks, in the middle of the disk, yet a normal portable cd player reads them all no prob!
    Thanks for all the help.

Starman