Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: AVP MOVIE!!!!!!!!!YEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Bruno (special effects) on interview for IGN FilmForce

IGN: What has been your biggest challenge on the film?
    BRUNO: Well, coming up with the Predator cloaking… We're doing some spectacular things in this film. We're not just having the Predator stopping, then the dissolve come. We have him leaping a 25-foot gap in the Chamber of Gods and while in mid-air he disappears, but the camera still follows him. It's very complex motion control – repeatable passes. It takes a long time and there's a lot of pressure. But it's going to look fantastic. We've already got some rough cuts together and it looks really good. Getting to see every aspect and every minute detail of how a face-hugger leaps – we shot it at 300 frames a second. It's all CG – the face hugger leaps across the room. So there's a scene where they'll all be flying and you'll get to study them a bit – like flying squirrels, they're lining up their targets. I already saw the rough cuts on that and we've got some pre-visualizations that look really good.

IGN: What about Predator vision?
    BRUNO: Predator vision we've basically pushed much farther. We studied the first one – we don't want to do something that's completely not the same, but we've got four stages of it. What Predator vision was in the first two movies was basically an optical, hand-animated pattern over a live-action image. We're taking that as a look, but we've basically found a military grade heat-sensing technology that actually does that and it looks pretty spectacular. But that's when we're in wide shots. We're going to enhance that somewhat and we're doing it in 3-D layers. When the Predator is looking for specific things – he goes inside Weyland, looking at his physical stature – and by going into his body and looking at his organs he can tell that this guy's not worth the fight and just leaves him behind. So we're doing that sort of thing. Muscles, bones, and organs.

IGN: The Predator has a lot of weapons. How many of those are CG?
    BRUNO: We have to make the blades – there are bigger blades this time – so we have to have them pop out in CG. There's no other way to do it. The same thing with the flying disc – it pops out blades. They have the end position and the empty position; we do the rest. The spears do the same thing.

Originally posted by Radi0h3ad
    I'm with Jakk on the game / movie tie ins, they just don't mix, however I always thought the Alien films beat the Predator movies, and if this film is as good as those, even if it matches Alien Ressurection which was a little iffy but still good nonetheless, I think it will definitely be worth watching. I mean look at Batman - Dead End, the Batman vs Alien & Predator short film that's flying around. That was done well, I think, and it goes to show that dodgy cross overs can work if done properly.

Hopefully Alien Vs Predator won't go down with the rest of them as yet another failed attempt at bringing video games to the big screen.
    Yeah i hope so too.
    But you know what it is possible they can tie in the two stories.
    The predator is a race that is nomadic in nature which searches for suitable "prey". That is pretty simple.

As long as the they stick to the original Alien story line. It will be cool. When will this be released?
    Lost 10,000 miles from home and loving it!!

08.06.04 so i think 06.08.04

u know often they turn the two frist numbers around dont ask me why?
    often gets confusing!?!?!?!

They're late, it should be out now Just bought the Predator Special Edition DVD

I am wondering what the time line is in the movie the second predator movie showed how predators have been coming to earth since the 1600's ie: the flintlock pistol and they hinted that they had dealt with aliens before cause of the skull on the trophy wall in the ship. Aliens is set far into the earths future ie: space travel and colonization of other planets - I read that this movie takes place on earth which stands to reason every human is likely to die or else that contradicts the original Aliens movie in the fact that no one knew what they encountering ie: no known existance of aliens from earths past? interesting yes?
    5/17 th Cavalry Scouts

Originally posted by armyrecon76
    I am wondering what the time line is in the movie the second predator movie showed how predators have been....
    The only thing it showed is why sequels are usually a really bad idea.

So many continuity problems, special effects that my 15 yr old brother could do (train bit with the sparks), acting so bad it made the guy in the predator suit look less plastic than the stars and so much other 'DON'T DO THIS IN A FILM' stuff that I wanted to strangle the director, crew and stupid Fox execs that greenlit the film.

But hey, thats just me

If it is made I hope it's better than Predator 2 and Aliens 3 and 4, cuz they sucked big time!

Provided its not been made in the "Lets make a sequel/spinoff so we can grab some more money" attitude, it might just be okay.
    The AvP thing certanly has some great possibilities, but how they could be explored on the big screen might be tricky.

I think the movie will be more on the aliens and the predators. The humans are there by accident.
    Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

I agree with Jakk(again).

typically, movies from videogames and vice versa blow colon. The ONLY redeaming thing about RE was when you could freeze the picture on the DVD for a split second see Milla nekked.

Movies that suck:
    Tomb Raider
    SMB
    Double Dragon
    Street Fighter
    RE

Exceptions always exist, but they are definately not the norm.

Games from movies that suck:
    two letters

E.T.

I rest my case.

That said, AVP2 is a good game, and AVP has the potential to be a good flick. I was watching Pred Arnold last week, and It amazes me how Un Cheesy the special effects were. I watched Total Recall and laughed myself off the couch with how fake some of the special effects looked.

End of ramble, I'm going home now.

Just A Curb Side Profit

is there a decent trailer of the movie yet or is it still a teaser?
    the prince of all saiyans will not fall again!

www.avp-movie.com
    thats all
    film comes out in 8 months so there wont be a proper trailer yet

Originally posted by armyrecon76
    I am wondering what the time line is in the movie the second predator movie showed how predators have been coming to earth since the 1600's ie: the flintlock pistol
    There was a dinossaur skull on the ship!

Trailer!

The trailer is now available on http://www.avp-movie.com

what u guys like more
    aliens or predator

i just love how the aliens look, that huge head and then these wicked silver teeth and then that small mouth which comes out of big one

predator looks ugly (when his mask is off) when he has it on he looks cool
    ASUS A8N-E Motherboard : AMD X2 4800+ CPU : 2 GB Kingston ValueRAM : ATI EAX 1950XTX : Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music