Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: This community...

This community...

...has become too young and it's not to my tastes at all I'm afraid.

I'm having to ignore posts by too many people to make entering the community forum worth my while, and this is what was pulling me back here time and time again.

I shall be saying toodle ooo, until an older and more mature attitude arises. for the sake of the community I hope Sysopt turns from an after-school place to a technical discussion board. And soon.
    Last edited by DocEvi1; 10-13-2003 at 05:09 PM.
    Stefan

bye bye. Sorry if we want to have some fun with our work

I agree it has gone downhill slightly (and I haven't really been active here that long), but if you're not happy please (no, PLEASE) start some intelligent, mature threads and with a bit of luck the rabble will stick to their own threads

What do you expect in the community forum(and possibly the gaming fourm)???

Personally I don't care anymore, just so long as the members who are ruining the community (IMHO) change their attitude when answering or asking questions in the adult section!

Cya all around, Jakk, Steve, ND, BB and the mods take care and try to make the community forum a better place! It needs it desperatly!
    Stefan

Let's face it, those who make the Community forum a playground every so often realise that they might be construed as "Community lurkers". I assume they're eager to deny that label, so they post some half-arsed "technical" posts. That's fine by me, as long as everyone else agrees to ignore those posts

Ultimate Member
    Aye, i can see where he's coming from on this one.

Drop us an email or PM soem time Stefan

Cya'fter marrer, hopefully you'll be back sooner rather than later

--Jakk

Ultimate Member
    not directly referring to me are you
    cya lr m8,

In defense of Doc, the age level and the mentality that goes with it has dropped to an all time low. Somewhere between infant and teeny bopper. My only complaint...part of the time, I haven't any idea [*-deleted word-*] they are posting about. Most of the ulta young crown is GLUED to a PC and have the outside world experience of Tibetan Monk.

(*** Polite language only please *** - WSUA 3. a.)
    Last edited by Vernon Frazee; 11-09-2003 at 01:28 PM.
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Doc scoots off to get his OAP bus pass

Originally posted by Billforce
    and have the outside world experience of Tibetan Monk.
    Sorry be to over-critical, but a Tibetan monk is likely to be following the teachings of the Dalai Lama, and therefore "outside world" experience is (mostly) irrelevant

Which validates my post....a Tibetan Monk for all practicle purposes has NO outside, world experience. DUHHHH
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    This is a grey area for me

I agree, not to name names but some people ( I wont name names but you know who you are, if you don't just look at the main posters in the community forum ) bring nothing to this forum except mindless news articles about people getting their testicals crushed or what not, I also have all but given up on coming here becuase it seems the community BS doesn't stay in the community, many a threads in other sections get turned into "playgrounds" I have always been for the removal of the community forum, if you want to play chit chat get on IRC or somthing else, but hey thats just my opinion.

edit, I by no means am old, actually no one knows my true age here, so I don't want to hear any old bag stuff. And Bill I am one fo these 'young people' you talk off and I can almost guarentee I do more outside physical activity than 99.9% of the forum users here. SO DONT STEREOTYPE!

Peace
    Last edited by gibsinep; 10-13-2003 at 06:11 PM.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

Originally posted by Billforce
    Which validates my post....a Tibetan Monk for all practicle purposes has NO outside, world experience. DUHHHH
    Sorry, I was referring to their mindset once they join a monastery. Previously many of them have led active lives in the "outside world" and had plenty of "world experience".