Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Microsoft to Change IE Browser

I don't think they bought it to sell it on again, I reckon they will scrap it.

i feel sorry for sanity. it kinda looked like he was giving facts and everyone else was making stuff up. i opened this in both IE and netscape and it was centred in both, so if it was stretched in that dudes IE then i think that wasnt supposed to happen.

"I have seen this change for the better, but the latest builds of Netscape and Mozilla STILL do not render things the way I want them to without me having to improvise and compensate. I know many other developers who agree."
    i know none. i write html, look in both browsers, and 9 / 10 if theres a problem its in IE. particularly for JS.
    i would love for this to not be the case - tell me how?

and please direct me to these W3C docs that IE complies by. microsoft pretty much have a policy of being proprietary - it is good business. i've honestly never heard anyone say that IE was the most standards compliant browser before. if u can back it up, im really interested.

I read a piece just last week that claimed M$ is using a non-standard html protocol in IE to transmit encoded user data back to base, Data that does not show in DOS sessions because it's hidden with non-standard file extensions, that is one of the reasons I don't use IE as my main browser ...It's not because I can find fault with the way it renders web pages, I can't personally. I just don't trust anybody with my personal info.

If anyone is interested to read it I can search the link out and have it posted here by tomorrow.

"IE runs slower than Mozilla or Firebird even though it is "integrated" into the OS. This is absurd."

IE runs niticable faster then Firebird on my machine. I'm using Win 98 with a Althon 1700XP. 512mb DDR RAM.

I used to be Anti-microsoft. I decided to look at everything form a balanced, non biased look. It was kind of hard to admit at first, but in my experence, Microsoft has the best Software. That's ONE reason why there number 1.

Microsoft..So easy to bash...So hard to beat!
    Rig 1, MSI K9A2 Platinum, 6400 Blackie, 2 X 2048 AData, MSI 3870; Rig 2, MSI K9A2 CF, 5000 Blackie, 2 X 1024 Patriot PC6400, ATI X1900 XT, Rig 3, Abit AN8 Fatal1ty, Opteron 185, 2 X 1024 Corsair PC3200C2PT ATI X1950 XTX Rig 4 Abit UL8 3800 X850 Pro

That Link!

I was PM'd and asked if I could post the link.

http://www.hevanet.com/peace/microsoft.htm.

You need to scroll down the page 'til you see:
    "Often there is other hidden operation, no notification, and/or insufficient or no explanation."...
    The piece about the 4 new protocols is not far below this, roughly a quarter the way down, maybe less, but the page is interesting non-the-less.

There was another page detailing the issues of deleting web history, but I can't find it just now, I've been on the sauce and it's late. I'm going to bed. G, night.

Last edited by Strawbs; 10-19-2003 at 07:47 PM.

New firebird must need a good processor and more memory to beat IE

Just installed it on an old p300 192mb ram and firebird is sooooo slow

Ill stick with IE6
    This post has been verified as complete b0ll0cks by Microsoft B0ll0ckfilter v1.2344456567 service pack 1001 (c) 2004

Disclaimer: I apologise in advance if my post is offensive to anyone especially fancyf!